2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

I'm confused, They have a great first album, a poor second album and an unreleased third. I don't think they enough good material! I'd be really surprised if they headlined.

But i mean that's your opinion and really has no bearing on whether they headline Glastonbury or my back garden.

Just now, huntyyy said:

But i mean that's your opinion and really has no bearing on whether they headline Glastonbury or my back garden.

What's your opinion then? That they do have the material and are good enough? Neither of us have any bearing on whether they'll headline but we can both have a guess at what the powers that be are thinking. My guess would be they don't have enough good material.

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

What's your opinion then? That they do have the material and are good enough? Neither of us have any bearing on whether they'll headline but we can both have a guess at what the powers that be are thinking. My guess would be they don't have enough good material.

My opinion is the opposite, in that the first album was poor and the second album was great. Do those cancel each other out and we carry on back where we were?

4 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I quite like the second album but not mad about the first, but the point I'm trying to make is that if the album sales and ticket sales are high then that's an indication that a band is popular and warrants the slot. It's the difference between facts and opinion. The fact is they're a huge band that are going to be even bigger in a years time after they've released these records, it doesn't matter whether you think the material is any good. It will sell and they will get bigger.

Just now, huntyyy said:

I quite like the second album but not mad about the first, but the point I'm trying to make is that if the album sales and ticket sales are high then that's an indication that a band is popular and warrants the slot. It's the difference between facts and opinion. The fact is they're a huge band that are going to be even bigger in a years time after they've released these records, it doesn't matter whether you think the material is any good. It will sell and they will get bigger.

Interestingly two people have mentioned how they prefer the second album, I'll have to give it more of a listen. I just didn't get into it after loving the first so much. I'm not slagging them off, I've been to see them twice! But off the back of that infectious first album. 

23 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Interestingly two people have mentioned how they prefer the second album, I'll have to give it more of a listen. I just didn't get into it after loving the first so much. I'm not slagging them off, I've been to see them twice! But off the back of that infectious first album. 

Third person, here.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

No man I think that's just hindsight.

The Wayback Machine suggests we had Radiohead and Ed Sheeran as SR on the rumours page for 2017 in the September before, fair play on that one. 2016 we had Foos as a strong rumour and then Muse and Adele amongst some R's. And I recall the couple of years before that we were more or less completely off the scent.

If it turns out to be Stormzy then we'll probably look back and consider ourselves to have known at this point. :P Same goes with Emily evading the Paul McCartney question in an interview a few weeks ago.

You’re probably right. I guess if we all throw out 100s of names around this time of year, with hindsight it will always seem as if we knew it along. 

We need a big tip from Neil, word from a tenuously repsected journalist, or a “my friend is mates with the drum tech guy for AC/DC” story to get the juices flowing!

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But the next album sounds like they're going back to their roots, so far.

Really? I can't see any of those tracks fitting on on the first album. Unless you mean to early EPs which tbf I've still not listened to. 

For the record the second album is obviously better and you're having a bad time if you prefer the first. Got some bops tho. 

EDIT: also I might add that I feel like they're saving the more out there material for the follow up album next year, the bizarrely titled 'Notes On a Conditional Form' 

Edited by Mash011

26 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Really? I can't see any of those tracks fitting on on the first album. Unless you mean to early EPs which tbf I've still not listened to. 

For the record the second album is obviously better and you're having a bad time if you prefer the first. Got some bops tho. 

EDIT: also I might add that I feel like they're saving the more out there material for the follow up album next year, the bizarrely titled 'Notes On a Conditional Form' 

No I meant because the new songs are bad just like their first album, cos we were all agreeing on the quality of the debut. I guess it wasn’t clear.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Going to assume he's not headlining now, even though there's still a gap you'd imagine other dates will be added. 

On the other hand, if this isn't a sign then I don't know what is.

Yeah but mate, the title of his album is Egypt Station, and in Egypt there's...

Pyramids.

31 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Macca ain’t doing Glasters with those tour dates.

The amount of time he's taking between dates that are much close than Pheonix to Glastonbury, not a chance he's flying back to the UK even in time for Sunday, I also very much imagine with those dates than at least Bonnaroo is happening and possibly even Firefly. He's defo getting Canada, Japan and certain areas of America done to be able to be in Europe next year.

Stormzy, FM, Arctic Monkeys
Ms Lauren Hill, Liam Gallagher, Kylie
Iggy Pop, Dua Lipa, George Ezra

Edited by thewayiam

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m struggling to see why Macca playing on the Weds rules him out of playing Glastonbury?!!  

Can someone educate me? 

If he's leaving it 6 days between playing Edmonton in Canada to play lower down in America, I doubt he's flying from Pheonix to Glastonbury and playing within 4 days. If you see, some of the gaps in dates between places are pretty much. Also he'll be 77 when that comes around, he's not going to get up on stage in front of how many millions watching at home and sound crap from not being ready