2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Massive-ass 1975 tour just announced. We’ll see how ticket sales go obviously but no reason in my mind they couldn’t headline. Four albums is plenty.

Info in the R&L section from some The 1975 superman saying that they aren't doing Glasto next year (he asked one of them). Probs just headline R&L.

Edit: Superman. Nice.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Info in the R&L section from some The 1975 superman saying that they aren't doing Glasto next year (he asked one of them). Probs just headline R&L.

Edit: Superman. Nice.

Find it hard to believe they aren’t playing at all unless they’re lined up to headline 2020 but okay, interesting. Thanks for the update.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Find it hard to believe they aren’t playing at all unless they’re lined up to headline 2020 but okay, interesting. Thanks for the update.

Lot of us in the R&L section were speculating that they'd only be allowed to co-headline R&L if they subbed Glasto (like Foals did in 2016), so it could be that not playing Glasto was the only way to be given outright headliner.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You do know the edit function can be used for correcting errors as well as acknowledging them? ?

GP's posts are like Mein Kampf and Birth Of A Nation; there's an ongoing debate over whether they should just be censored, or presented in their original form, with annotations explaining that they're very bad and wrong.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Good point, gotcha

For the record, this is the post I'm referencing.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:00 PM, 19liam75 said:

Take this as you will and it could mean nothing, but there is a guy on twitter who is genuinely one of the 1975's biggest fans has been for years and is kind of know for that. He saw Matt Healy a few weeks ago and apparently told him that they aren't doing Glasto next year (he mainly wanted to know as apparently he its his 21st Bday at the time of Glasto) 

efest.jpg

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

For the record, this is the post I'm referencing.

Mmmm, thanks. If they were subbing they might not even be booked yet so it could just be that, and of course it could also be bullshit, but who knows. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Mmmm, thanks. If they were subbing they might not even be booked yet so it could just be that, and of course it could also be bullshit, but who knows. 

This was my thought - surely most of the acts wouldn't be booked yet. Are headliners even completely booked this far in advance?

He could have been telling the truth when he told that fan they aren't playing in 2019 as at the moment they aren't booked... doesn't mean that couldn't change I guess?

Just now, DareToDibble said:

This was my thought - surely most of the acts wouldn't be booked yet. Are headliners even completely booked this far in advance?

He could have been telling the truth when he told that fan they aren't playing in 2019 as at the moment they aren't booked... doesn't mean that couldn't change I guess?

And as we know, acts can even literally be announced as "Reading and Leeds exclusives" and then still turn up at Glastonbury. I'm inclined to wait and see, I think.

I don't think we can eliminate The 1975 quite yet, but if you do remove them from the picture that doesn't leave us with too many viable candidates.  I think Arctics, Macca and Madge seem like very good bets at this stage. 

I feel like in past years we had a fairly solid indication of at least one of the headliners at this stage. Are they doing a better job of keeping it under wraps this year?

30 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't think we can eliminate The 1975 quite yet, but if you do remove them from the picture that doesn't leave us with too many viable candidates.  I think Arctics, Macca and Madge seem like very good bets at this stage. 

I feel like in past years we had a fairly solid indication of at least one of the headliners at this stage. Are they doing a better job of keeping it under wraps this year?

No man I think that's just hindsight.

The Wayback Machine suggests we had Radiohead and Ed Sheeran as SR on the rumours page for 2017 in the September before, fair play on that one. 2016 we had Foos as a strong rumour and then Muse and Adele amongst some R's. And I recall the couple of years before that we were more or less completely off the scent.

If it turns out to be Stormzy then we'll probably look back and consider ourselves to have known at this point. :P Same goes with Emily evading the Paul McCartney question in an interview a few weeks ago.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Massive-ass 1975 tour just announced. We’ll see how ticket sales go obviously but no reason in my mind they couldn’t headline. Four albums is plenty.

I'm confused, They have a great first album, a poor second album and an unreleased third. I don't think they enough good material! I'd be really surprised if they headlined.