2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Is there any intel that puts Stormzy in a headliner position? We’re only guessing at a headliner slot because he subbed Other last year, aren’t we?

Might he actually sub for Kendrick on the Pyramid in 2019? I’d imagine (totally guess) he’d be happy enough with that.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Is there any intel that puts Stormzy in a headliner position? We’re only guessing at a headliner slot because he subbed Other last year, aren’t we?

Might he actually sub for Kendrick on the Pyramid in 2019? I’d imagine (totally guess) he’d be happy enough with that.

He tweeted or instagrammed a picture last week or so regarding the pyramid stage. 

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You've not been doing fuck all. You're making up shit for your imaginary imagination. You're bothered about rep on here for most people who you don't meet whereas I couldn't give an arse 

??? If I'm making stuff up, then my imagination can't be imaginary, can it? I'll give you odds of 5/2 that you'd be better off not posting at 3 in the morning! Also... "You've not been doing fuck all" is sort of a double negative, meaning that you're agreeing with me. Hang on - I'm cutting those odds to evens! ?

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

He posted Noel’s quote about hip hop at Glastonbury. Stormzy didn’t specifically reference headlining, but the quote was of course a throw back to Jay-Z. It’s not particularly clear either way.

I agree with you though - I think he’d be more than happy subbing the Pyramid. I don’t think he would demand to headline, and I also don’t think the Eavii would go out their way to approach him to do it. They don’t particularly have a recent record of giving critically acclaimed, but smaller acts that slot. It would be cool and a good move away from the established names/repeat bookings, but I’d be very surprised. They seem to have too many BIG name options for next year.

16 hours ago, ivan said:

Not sure how well most of the new Arctics album would go down on The Pyramid or how the viewers at home watching on telly would understand it ? 

It didn’t seem to go down that well at their gig in Manchester on Friday....the crowded steamed out to the toilets and bars when a new song was played.

In fairness, the new tracked sounded pretty good live

Edited by SloopJohnB

15 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Fabulously left wing and with a short enough career that he probably shouldn’t be doing it yet, Stormzy being booked to headline would piss off the gammon brigade even more than Kanye did. I love it.

I don't think actual "gammons" care about who headlines Glastonbury because it is probably just a farm full of tossers to them, but if you mean the general whingeing public reaction then Kanye is just about the most controversial rapper and Stormzy is more or less the least, so I'd strongly disagree on that one.

I completely don't reckon it should matter in deciding whether he is up to it or not but I just can't stop thinking how poorly a Stormzy headline performance would age. Like, the scene he came up in has gone back underground again already and all other UK rappers-gone-pop who have made it onto the Pyramid are a bit grim to think about now (even Dizzee and he released a classic), and I'm even wondering if he'll avoid the next album flopping, never mind #3. But again, I think Glastonbury history should be more abundant with acts who were briefly massive and then bottomed out so I'm wid it.

Edited by dentalplan

On 9/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, henry bear said:

There’s a number of examples. I can’t imagine them turning down a big act because their last album was ‘experimental’ and/or shite, 

They surely don’t. The last 20 years worth of headliners would have looked a lot different if they did, especially the ‘shite’ bit.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:51 AM, kalifire said:

Is Stormzy not a bigger deal over here than Kendrick?