2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Mumfords were a flash in the pan, they're on the way back down now. They'll never headline Glastonbury again, they'll pop up at IOW next year most likely, maybe they'll even do a secret set at G to save face.

Pretty much spot on.  Will probably get away with doing IOW, Hyde Park and a JP secret set like The Killers did.   Can’t see them being given the headline spot again unless Glastonbury are struggling after a pull out. 

Just now, henry bear said:

There’s a number of examples. I can’t imagine them turning down a big act because their last album was ‘experimental’ and/or shite, yet people on here seem to think this is the case.

That post about the Arctic Monkeys only suggested that the new tracks won't go down well, not that they wouldn't be booked as a result of it.

I could however see reservations from the band in coming back with that one atypical album and not much else to differentiate from the last time, and saving their next Glastonbury headline slot for the following album.

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

Pretty much spot on.  Will probably get away with doing IOW, Hyde Park and a JP secret set like The Killers did.   Can’t see them being given the headline spot again unless Glastonbury are struggling after a pull out. 

Mumford and sons did Hyde park in 2016. Could Mumford and sons do trnsmt and reading.

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That post about the Arctic Monkeys only suggested that the new tracks won't go down well, not that they wouldn't be booked as a result of it.

I could however see reservations from the band in coming back with that one atypical album and not much else to differentiate from the last time, and saving their next Glastonbury headline slot for the following album.

The 2013 set was mostly AM-free. Point still works though. This album campaign seems to be at best treading water, mental ticket sales notwithstanding, so it wouldn't surprise me if they went away again after Christmas and shelved their presumed stadium tour for the next album.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

35 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The 2013 set was mostly AM-free. Point still works though. This album campaign seems to be at best treading water, mental ticket sales notwithstanding, so it wouldn't surprise me if they went away again after Christmas and shelved their presumed stadium tour for the next album.

I think it’d be a real shame if, after at least attempting to do interesting and different, the reaction forced them to retreat and fart out AM2.

45 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Three songs off of it - the two most popular ones and then an album track everyone talked through - and the set is inextricably tied to the AM era so it counts for me. When you think of how far they had progressed in the same time period between 2007 and 2013, (despite bewilderingly playing largely the same set lol) coming back next year seems crap.

They'll definitely be still touring next year tho. Doubt they're ever gonna do stadiums at this point but they'll turn up somewhere. I just think that Glastonbury is so much of a milestone for them that they can't just be doing it every time they change their outfits now.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think it’d be a real shame if, after at least attempting to do interesting and different, the reaction forced them to retreat and fart out AM2.

Mmm. Turner’s ego is sizeable enough that there’s surely no chance he’ll totally cave but even he must surely realise how dearly the lack of choruses has hurt their rep here. I know Arctics fans are ridiculously devoted but it still seems unlikely they’ll be queuing up in droves to pay £60 to sit at the back of Wembley Stadium and listen to Star Treatment.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Three songs off of it - the two most popular ones and then an album track everyone talked through - and the set is inextricably tied to the AM era so it counts for me. When you think of how far they had progressed in the same time period between 2007 and 2013, (despite bewilderingly playing largely the same set lol) coming back next year seems crap.

Yes I agree with you. Would seem a bit lame and predictable for them to be the first headliner after a fallow year yet again as well, though obviously that would be the last thing either party would consider.

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Certainly TRNSMT.  Lattitude? 

Did Latitude in 2017. Honestly the last album tour went on for so long and took in so many festies, they’re due a return to Glastonbury before anywhere else ... obviously not as Pyramid headliners but, if there was an ‘edgy’ cool kids Pyramid headliner like Pulitzer Kenny or Elton John, they could quite easily headline Other.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Lol, says the guy who couldn't handle someone making a joke about his understanding of betting odds? I've just been poking the bear since then :D Very effectively too! Sorry dude x

You've not been doing fuck all. You're making up shit for your imaginary imagination. You're bothered about rep on here for most people who you don't meet whereas I couldn't give an arse 

• Downvote 1