2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's also in Switzerland the Saturday and Sunday of GF and isn't doing three nights anywhere else on the tour.

I think he's a shoe-in for 2020 myself.

If he is then I think it's the Legend slot. If he's never been asked I can't see them being bothered for the headline slot and I reckon there will be others infront of him.

45 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If he is then I think it's the Legend slot. If he's never been asked I can't see them being bothered for the headline slot and I reckon there will be others infront of him.

If they can get away with booking him as a headliner any years more than most, it'll be the next two, when they can bill it as a 'last chance to see'

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I thought they had asked him? I know he said they haven't but I thought we had word from the Eavii or something that they have approached him to play before.

32 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I thought they had asked him? I know he said they haven't but I thought we had word from the Eavii or something that they have approached him to play before.

from my conversations with one of the main bookers over the years I think it's unlikely they've approached Elton in the past (tho they might have done since he announced a last tour, as it'd be Glasto's last chance).

From what he's said, they don't make cold approaches to the biggest acts as Glasto think it's a bit cheeky to ask them to play for a hugely reduced fee.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

from my conversations with one of the main bookers over the years I think it's unlikely they've approached Elton in the past (tho they might have done since he announced a last tour, as it'd be Glasto's last chance).

From what he's said, they don't make cold approaches to the biggest acts as Glasto think it's a bit cheeky to ask them to play for a hugely reduced fee.

Fair play. Didn't he say not long ago that he'd like to play? That coupled with the fact it's his final tour could make them likely to approach him this time around (for 2020).

On 9/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, Xeph1995 said:

I saw kendrick at leeds after seeing pendulum (who were amazing I might add) and thought he was pretty solid live I was UTI though so that might have helped haha 

Went straight to Papa Roach here, I'd seen Kendrick a few years previous at Reading. And yes pendulum were INSANE, to the extent I got a black eye during their set, a first for me.

with McCartney (who happens to be playing a 300-person special invite show in NY's Grand Central Station tonight) ... those Initial 5 or so US dates up to June 11th worry me that they're part of a larger allotment around that time that could go on through the summer. Not a lot of major cities there... I know Glasto is as late in the month as possible in 2019 and it could be a quick US jaunt prior to, but what if he announces more dates to the 5, upon the album release this week that take him through June/early June in the US? That would be one possibility we could be writing off pretty soon

2 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

with McCartney (who happens to be playing a 300-person special invite show in NY's Grand Central Station tonight) ... those Initial 5 or so US dates up to June 11th worry me that they're part of a larger allotment around that time that could go on through the summer. Not a lot of major cities there... I know Glasto is as late in the month as possible in 2019 and it could be a quick US jaunt prior to, but what if he announces more dates to the 5, upon the album release this week that take him through June/early June in the US? That would be one possibility we could be writing off pretty soon

At the same time, though, why only announce those random dates if there are more that are part of the same leg? I'd say it's more likely that that's the end of the leg and he'll do more later on, hence why they've not been announced yet.

U.S. dates up to 11th June, over to Europe for a string of festivals, then back over to America for the rest of the tour.

Also Rock Werchter have moved their dates to coincide with Glasto weekend for the second time in the last few years. The last time they did it was so they could book Foo Fighters whilst they were over for festivals. If it's for the same reason this time I could definitely see it being done for Macca (he headlined there a few years back so defo someone they'd book), if he's only back in Europe for a short amount of time.

6 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

That’s a point I’ve already raised. Can’t believe he’d go to the expense of touring the US just for 5 dates, so I think either more dates will be added or it’s a warm up of sorts for something bigger elsewhere..

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

That’s a point I’ve already raised. Can’t believe he’d go to the expense of touring the US just for 5 dates, so I think either more dates will be added or it’s a warm up of sorts for something bigger elsewhere..

I don't see Macca playing Glasto next year, 100% he'd be doing 50th if he does it for me. We know they want him and he can choose.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see Macca playing Glasto next year, 100% he'd be doing 50th if he does it for me. We know they want him and he can choose.

See I disagree.  New Album, already touring, why not do it next year? Will he be about the year after?  Makes complete sense that it’s now. 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

See I disagree.  New Album, already touring, why not do it next year? Will he be about the year after?  Makes complete sense that it’s now. 

All different views I guess but 2004 was the last time so why do it again unless he knows he's doing it on a big anniversary. Next year is no different to any other and he doesn't need it for anything reason other than to say I did it on this year. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him, Coldplay and whoever out of FM/Madonna doesn't do it this year...if any of them actually do play it. I think FM without Buckingham though are at their most likely now and with their age, I don't think the year matters to them. Madonna...I think would only do it for that fee on the big one.

42 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

At the same time, though, why only announce those random dates if there are more that are part of the same leg? I'd say it's more likely that that's the end of the leg and he'll do more later on, hence why they've not been announced yet.

Decent chance the dates are cut off there because he's going to be announced for Bonnaroo (June 13-16) later on. It's right in the region

Just now, FatAmmy said:

Decent chance the dates are cut off there because he's going to be announced for Bonnaroo (June 13-16) later on. It's right in the region

But if it's just one festival in the middle of a big run of U.S. dates surely he'd just announce the whole string of dates minus the festival? Unless he does a bunch of U.S. fests then and then continues the tour after, so does what I said but with U.S. fests rather than European fests.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But if it's just one festival in the middle of a big run of U.S. dates surely he'd just announce the whole string of dates minus the festival? Unless he does a bunch of U.S. fests then and then continues the tour after, so does what I said but with U.S. fests rather than European fests.

I've seen bands do it both ways...just saying there are other ways to interpret it than as evidence for a Glasto booking

6 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Actually that's probably bang on the money, completely forgot about Bonnaroo and he's not done it for 6 years next year. Not only that, Firefly is just after and he could easily do that too.