2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

25 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Think he'll sub if he plays. He might just mean he's going along to the festival though. I don't think he will have an album out by June, so he would be playing the same songs he played 2 years earlier, with a good few Oasis classics added obviously. 

24 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I don't think there is a chance he'll not sub really, he knows people are on it atm and he's dropped the twitter status that will just continue to suggest and hype more for the next 10 months lol. They are big fans obviously and he's not as stubborn as his brother to accept that it'll do everything good for him and he'll earn his money elsewhere. After this year, him in a sub spot is massive.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think there is a chance he'll not sub really, he knows people are on it atm and he's dropped the twitter status that will just continue to suggest and hype more for the next 10 months lol. They are big fans obviously and he's not as stubborn as his brother to accept that it'll do everything good for him and he'll earn his money elsewhere. After this year, him in a sub spot is massive.

He would not pull his face at subbing a Beatle either I don't think.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He would not pull his face at subbing a Beatle either I don't think.

Absolutely not and I do agree the run of US tour dates randomly ending 2 weeks before Glastonbury does say something but could be co-incidental. Slightly too convenient though maybe to by the looks of the date be heading over elsewhere.

1 hour ago, stevieg1993 said:

I dunno I just suggested cause he's a hip-hop legend. They had Kayne West few years back. Didn't know about not allowing his set being broadcasted. 

Probably couple gigs at Wembley stadium then. 

Kanye West is one of the most critically acclaimed artists in current music. Eminem is putting out laughable albums that are unanimously panned.

On 8/31/2018 at 1:32 PM, Hugh Jass said:

They haven't really, they've always been hugely popular, it's close to 15 years since they first headlined Glasto and they still sell out stadia and headline festivals, they don't need to appeal to anyone these days.

This is the culmination of a journey that started back with BHAR (listen to it again, the signs are all there), when they decided to move away from their good stuff and become Queen, but in space.

BHAR is a really good album though, I think its on Absolution lvl. Its no Origin of Symmetry but I still maintain Take a Bow should be the opener of every Muse headline show.

Edited by Xeph1995

14 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Panic Station is actually a banger though haha. Probably the only redeemable quality of the 2nd law, kinda like how they are just taking the piss.

I mean, compared to what they're putting out now it's good (what isn't?), but for me it's still an average song on an album that's like a 5/10. I guess it's probably in the better half of songs from the album but still, meh.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Slim to nil...

He doesn't allow his sets to be broadcast (FAO Kendrick!)

His last relevant album was The Marshall Mathers LP 2 which was way below par. He tours pretty hard but only where there's money e.g. he played Reading last year.

Lmao watched the 'highlight' of Kendrick's set on the BBC and he wasn't even trying to appear like he was lip syncing. I'm gonna be disappointed if the rumours come true (they won't), kendrick doesn't even come close to being worthy of a headline slot at Glasto, or even top of the bill on the other stage.

51 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I mean, compared to what they're putting out now it's good (what isn't?), but for me it's still an average song on an album that's like a 5/10. I guess it's probably in the better half of songs from the album but still, meh.

Has this thread turned into the muse appreciation thread, are they rumoured? I should probably listen to more muse, that video was dope.

2 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

kendrick doesn't even come close to being worthy of a headline slot at Glasto, or even top of the bill on the other stage.

Boy come on. He's like the most critically acclaimed artist of our generation, whilst simultaneously having huge mass-appeal and also putting out music with important messages behind it. He's at the very top of biggest genre out there right now. He's as worthy of headlining Glastonbury as anyone.

I haven't seen any of the Reading footage but presumably you're talking about him having a backing track? Those are very common at hip-hop shows and the idea isn't to lip sync to them lol.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He's like the most critically acclaimed artist of our generation

I haven't seen any of the Reading footage but presumably you're talking about him having a backing track? Those are very common at hip-hop shows and the idea isn't to lip sync to them lol.

Maybe i was overstepping it, he can have the other stage... To be honest I haven't been to many hip-hop gigs because i don't normally enjoy them. And i never knew this about backing tracks, that explains a lot, i always thought it was them lip syncing looool.

Don't get me wrong I do like Kendrick Lamars music, I just don't think hip hop works at live shows. 

Maybe i'm wrong just my opinion yeah?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Maybe i was overstepping it, he can have the other stage... To be honest I haven't been to many hip-hop gigs because i don't normally enjoy them. And i never knew this about backing tracks, that explains a lot, i always thought it was them lip syncing looool.

Don't get me wrong I do like Kendrick Lamars music, I just don't think hip hop works at live shows. 

I saw kendrick at leeds after seeing pendulum (who were amazing I might add) and thought he was pretty solid live I was UTI though so that might have helped haha

9 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

If Kendrick plays he's 100% headlining the Pyramid, though. Much rather him than someone like Arctic Monkeys/Coldplay/The Killers returning. I like Kendrick and would watch him if he headlined, but even if someone else in a similar position to him who I don't like (say, Drake) were to headline it's a much more interesting booking than the bands I mentioned above, even if I'd personally rather see Arctic Monkeys.

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit torn on Kendrick because he's easily the act I most want to see at Glastonbury (that wouldn't be a repeat), but his live shows always seem a touch lacking. They look great, don't get me wrong, but there's something missing that would take it to that next level IMO.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2018 at 8:13 PM, thewayiam said:

Well they aren't going to headline next year and tbh their crowd was way off the size I expected in 2016.

and what?!....go and fucking moan about someone down voting you or something else that not important.

I don't do stuff like that man. You must be pretty deep into that particular groove by now though ?????