2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

16 hours ago, henry bear said:

Dull as dishwater at IOW too, according to some

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Depeche Mode were also fucking sick at Mad Cool - ten times better than at Rock Werchter in 2013. My dad's agronomist went to IOW and said they were shit but he loves Kasabian so I didn't really put too much stock in his opinion, although I did watch the highlights and thought they looked a bit naff.

I seen them at the Waldbuhne in Berlin at their final gig on this tour, the week after Mad Cool. It was so much better at their own gig. Unreal experience.

My mates loved them at Mad Cool, said it was really good. I just thought it was a bit meh compared to their own gigs. I would not bother with them at a festival ever again.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:56 PM, eastynh said:

I seen them at the Waldbuhne in Berlin at their final gig on this tour, the week after Mad Cool. It was so much better at their own gig. Unreal experience.

My mates loved them at Mad Cool, said it was really good. I just thought it was a bit meh compared to their own gigs. I would not bother with them at a festival ever again.

Never seen them at a festival, saw them at Leeds in '13 and Manchester last year. Both in my all-time top 25 gigs. Sensational, particularly on the latter occasion.

9 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Never seen them at a festival, saw them at Leeds in '13 and Manchester last year. Both in my all-time top 25 gigs. Sensational, particularly on the latter occasion.

I went to the Manchester gig mate, was really good. Nothing compared to them in Germany, absolutely unreal experience.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:23 AM, fatyeti24 said:

who else just had to google 'agronomist'?

On 8/17/2018 at 10:31 AM, tjamest said:

Yep, just done it

On 8/17/2018 at 5:08 PM, oneeye said:

Every day’s a learning day ???

Fully signed up member here.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, Drfoxxx said:

Would love to see Abba headline, doubt it will happen though, unless someone can tell me something different :)

Definitely not happening. The stuff they're lining up will be holograms, we ain't seeing holograms headline the Pyramid. Thank God. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:12 AM, jparx said:

Pearl Jam are simple - they’re great if you’re a fan, but if you’re not then you’ll likely be a bit bored and underwhelmed.

I was at Mad Cool and thought they sounded great but was bored for long periods of Pearl Jam. Quite samey and they go on a bit. Great singer but you don't have to sing every bar. 

On 8/17/2018 at 12:07 PM, jj200 said:

Pyramid stage

Friday: kasabian

Saturday: foals 

Sunday: abba

Other stage:

Friday: clean bandit

Saturday: the courteeners

Sunday: Stormzy

Jon peel

Friday: Interpol

Saturday: the vaccines

Sunday: two door cinema club

Jeez: Friday night at the JP would be ok, but every single other headliner there is absolutely bloody dreadful. If that were to come to fruition I’d be in T+C all weekend! 

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

He's doing it just to get that reaction pal, just ignore him.

Ah! Duly noted. Though tbf a Glastonbury festival spent entirely in non-musical areas does seem like a brilliant idea . . . one year! 

32 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Ah! Duly noted. Though tbf a Glastonbury festival spent entirely in non-musical areas does seem like a brilliant idea . . . one year! 

It can be done, you can find yourself sat anywhere having a drink without caring about anything else. There is usually acts I'd find the need to go and see though.