2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

On 7/15/2018 at 2:08 PM, FloorFiller said:

Tried to stick a fiver on and the max bet is 4.42. Still though, seems a good bet at those odds even if I'm not sure how belief to put in to the Madonna thing.

A good chunk on Arctics is worth it surely, not the best odds but the only one I'd be sure on totally.

I'm not sure Kendrick is nailed on as much as they think.

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A good chunk on Arctics is worth it surely, not the best odds but the only one I'd be sure on totally.

I'm not sure Kendrick is nailed on as much as they think.

I'd be gobsmacked if Kendrick headlined next year. He'll be done touring DAMN by then and GF certainly aren't going to stump up the sort of fee needed to bring him over for a one off.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd be gobsmacked if Kendrick headlined next year. He'll be done touring DAMN by then and GF certainly aren't going to stump up the sort of fee needed to bring him over for a one off.

UK exposure?  I genuinely don't know how big he is over here by comparison, so would the UK-centric hype over a Glastonbury headliner, BBC coverage, expanded audience etc be an incentive?

Quick question, I know Glasto tickets will go on sale around 7th October-14th October but when do we find out what day tickets go on sale usually? Is it a few days before or months before? 

Edit: are tickets more likely for 7th? Im on holiday on 14th so will be screwed getting tickets. 

Edited by The All Round Ball :|

5 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Quick question, I know Glasto tickets will go on sale around 7th October-14th October but when do we find out what day tickets go on sale usually? Is it a few days before or months before? 

Edit: are tickets more likely for 7th? Im on holiday on 14th so will be screwed getting tickets. 

Usually early September, about three/four weeks in advance.

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

UK exposure?  I genuinely don't know how big he is over here by comparison, so would the UK-centric hype over a Glastonbury headliner, BBC coverage, expanded audience etc be an incentive?

He sold out arenas at huge prices and is headlining Reading/Leeds so he's already pretty big. Other than a fee I doubt there's much more for him to be honest.

16 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He didn’t do any European shows on the first year of DAMN. so it’s not like he’s toured the hell out of this thing already. And that’s if he doesn’t have a new record next year.

Glastonbury is surrounded in the calendar by some of the biggest festivals in Europe so it likely wouldn’t be for a one-off. I don’t think it’s “nailed on”, or the partial twist people like to put on that phrase, but given that Emily is clearly a fan and he’s one of the biggest stars in music, I think there’s a pretty decent chance.

General ticket sales have been no later than the 9th October since switching to the October sales for the 2009 festival. That one was 2016 and because the 1st Thursday in the month (when they do the coach sales) was the 6th.

This year the 1st Thursday is the 4th so unless they change how they've been doing things for 10 years, the general sale will definitely be the 7th.

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/calendar.html

Edited by Gnomicide

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He didn’t do any European shows on the first year of DAMN. so it’s not like he’s toured the hell out of this thing already. And that’s if he doesn’t have a new record next year.

Glastonbury is surrounded in the calendar by some of the biggest festivals in Europe so it likely wouldn’t be for a one-off. I don’t think it’s “nailed on”, or the partial twist people like to put on that phrase, but given that Emily is clearly a fan and he’s one of the biggest stars in music, I think there’s a pretty decent chance.

He's doing a run of European festivals next month, including R/L. Can't see if he has any further dates beyond that but he's in Australia right now, has done North America last couple of months and an arena tour in Europe earlier in the year. He might fancy a little time off after this run, I certainly don't see him turning an album around between now and June.

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could come back to Europe to do a few festival shows next summer, but he might well be done with DAMN by then and/or be working on the next one.

If nothing else 1/2 are patently stupid odds, anyone smashing into that needs their head looking at.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's doing a run of European festivals next month, including R/L. Can't see if he has any further dates beyond that but he's in Australia right now, has done North America last couple of months and an arena Europe earlier in the year. He might fancy a little time off after this run, I certainly don't see him turning an album around between now and June.

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could come back to Europe to do a few festival shows next summer, but he might well be done with DAMN by then and/or be working on the next one.

If nothing else 1/2 are patently stupid odds, anyone smashing into that needs their head looking at.

On the TPAB tour, he did August the one summer then June/July the next. Obviously no arena shows on that tour but there’s a lot of money on the table for him if he wants to do June/July again, and Glastonbury is the only appropriate venue now that he’s arguably too big for Wireless.

Not that I think it’s necessary for him to keep touring but I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a new album by this time next year. He is usually working on new stuff all the time and only takes a couple of years between album releases, so I don’t see the next one being any different.

The odds are daft yes but I don’t think it means an awful lot. Is Elton John still evens, despite being practically ruled out?

53 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

General ticket sales have been no later than the 9th October since switching to the October sales for the 2009 festival. That one was 2016 and because the 1st Thursday in the month (when they do the coach sales) was the 6th.

This year the 1st Thursday is the 4th so unless they change how they've been doing things for 10 years, the general sale will definitely be the 7th.

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/calendar.html

All hail the thingy 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

So they are booking three acts they haven't had before. Could that indicate to RHCP? I know they were meant to play in 1993 but backed out last min but you think they could do Glasto this time around? I dont know the ins and outs to whether RHCP and Glasto have beef but yeah, thoughts?

When was that said? Don't remember seeing anything. Not three headliners who haven't played before, no chance

Edited by mufcok

6 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

So they are booking three acts they haven't had before. Could that indicate to RHCP? I know they were meant to play in 1993 but backed out last min but you think they could do Glasto this time around? I dont know the ins and outs to whether RHCP and Glasto have beef but yeah, thoughts?

so that leaves out arctics monkeys then

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Nothing to suggest he's on about strictly Pyramid headliners there. I imagine that will bee the legends slot and 1 headliner, 2 max

By their own admission they’ve just sorted out the headliners in the past month or so, so I think you’re right not to believe it. I was just posting what was being referred to.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I'm sure he just does it for the lols these days. Probably got an ongoing bet with his mates on what shit he can get on somerset live

He’s losing to FuzzyDunlop in that case.