2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Would kinda enjoy Strokes at Glastonbury. Been reading the "Meet me in the Bathroom" book and it totally changed my view of them.

The National last year came out of nowhere didn't it? Primavera booker said they were unavailable and the only european gig during the summer was in Denmark (a festival The National curated). Maybe Glasto could pull out a surprise like that again.

Inb4 fee issues and the status of the band (still on hiatus?)..

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was mentioned earlier today funnily enough. Unfortunately she's retired.

Just realised I copied @Quark's "funny enough" expression there. How embarrassing. Although I did actually get it right ;) (it's "funnily enough", not "funny enough") :p

Edited by stuartbert two hats

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Just noticed that Rock Werchter’s moved to Glastonbury weekend next year. The last time they did that was in 2015 for Foo Fighters so must be a pretty big name for them to move weekends.

Macca must be in with a shout but I imagine he'd do Thursday there to give him a day break.

I'm unsure it'd FM....not sure if RW could afford it with everyone else and for Glasto they'd fit it in to tick off.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Actually found an open market on Glastonbury headliner betting, if anyone's interested. No Macca, no acca imo.

edit: Madonna at 33/1 is cray.

Tried to stick a fiver on and the max bet is 4.42. Still though, seems a good bet at those odds even if I'm not sure how belief to put in to the Madonna thing.

4 hours ago, ionicmoose said:

...all three headliners are sorted for next year (last one confirmed at roughly 5pm that same day on a call from LA...)

Fleetwood Mac mentioned, saying that they'd be great but don't know if it would be the same without all of them, however, also dropped in that he'd just spoken to Mick Fleetwood yesterday (Thursday) so make of that what you will, especially coupled with the apparent final headliner booking...

?

Get saving those pennies for the Mick Fleetwood Meet & Greet

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

@dentalplan maybe with a scooby do voice? 

I did genuinely have to google them though.

I was joking that it sounded like a sneeze, rather than being condescending. And now I’ve explained the joke, we can all enjoy it! :P

But yer I think anyone would have to google Rak-Su.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Get saving those pennies for the Mick Fleetwood Meet & Greet

What if the call was to a Compton area number?

Edited by dentalplan