2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

39 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

As a live act he's pretty clearly not. Add to that the years of critical acclaim and numerous successful albums Kendrick has behind him and he's a much stronger headline booking.

Probably both true, but they're also not what I getting at. I don't even feel that strongly about Stormzy headlining tbh, I just like poking holes in what I think is quite a staid idea of what a festival booking should be. 

Which is partly a problem of the Pyramid painting itself slowly into a 'blockbuster booking' corner really. Certainly it's less of an issue on other stages - there's plenty of people suggesting FKA Twigs for WH headliner despite only having one album. 

Edited by Winslow Leach

1 hour ago, Honeybane said:

whats the latest on arctic monkeys headlining someone? not been active in this for a good few months

thanks

Probably gonna happen just because they seem like an obvious headliner and will undoubtedly turn in to the next Muse and Coldplay and headline every few years.

Between them and their compadres undergoing something of a renaissance and a dwindling group of potential rock band headliners, I think there’s a decent chance of them headlining at some point. If they headline R+L or IOW and then bring out a new album are people still gonna be suggesting they sub The xx?

This last minute secret set in London is bullshit though. Just announce stuff so the regional massive can get it.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Between them and their compadres undergoing something of a renaissance and a dwindling group of potential rock band headliners, I think there’s a decent chance of them headlining at some point. If they headline R+L or IOW and then bring out a new album are people still gonna be suggesting they sub The xx?

This last minute secret set in London is bullshit though. Just announce stuff so the regional massive can get it.

I think the next album would have to make a hell of a splash, the last two or three have barely registered anywhere. Their live sets are pretty much Is This It plus the best of the other albums these days.

Personally I think too many people have lost interest, best they could get these days is a co-headline gig at somewhere like IOW IMHO.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Looks like this is fake. According to the follow up tweet at least. 

nah it's happening. people have been moved inside the venue to queue for them. they're just putting out the tweets as no one who arrives now is going to get a ticket and they want people to stop coming.

49 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

nah it's happening. people have been moved inside the venue to queue for them. they're just putting out the tweets as no one who arrives now is going to get a ticket and they want people to stop coming.

or not??? fuck knows what's happening now