2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Surely it's time for Noel to get a slot, given that the first NGHFB record came out 7 years ago and he's there every year as a punter

I'm sure there are certain acts he'd happily sub, Macca springs to mind should he play

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Surely it's time for Noel to get a slot, given that the first NGHFB record came out 7 years ago and he's there every year as a punter

I'm sure there are certain acts he'd happily sub, Macca springs to mind should he play

I dunno. I think the feeling is that he overstepped the mark in 2008 when criticising the festival for booking Jay Z - a year where they struggled to sell out and will have worried about the future - so they might not be rushing to hand him a slot.

Ah just seen on Twitter that Emily said it on Radio Two.

I'll go with Diana Ross then and assume the rumours from last year were just two years out.

Didn't Barry Gibb say something after the Coldplay appearance along the lines of "I'd love to do it but I've heard Diana Ross is doing it"? Maybe he'd just heard she'd agreed to do it and assumed it was for 2017.

Then again agreeing 3 years in advance seems dumb. Maybe she was in talks for 2017 and because it didn't end up happening they've booked her for 2019 instead.

Or it's not her.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Fuck that noise because Emily uttered the magic words on Macca.

2014: "We'd love to have the Foo Fighters back at Glastonbury and they haven't played since 1998 so its well overdue! We'll have to see..."

2016: “There’s no planned Radiohead gig at the moment. But obviously we would love to have Radiohead back. Personally I’d love to have them play next year but at the moment there’s no confirmation, so we’ll have to see.”

2018: "We always want him, of course. He's top of our list. But we'll have to see" - "Do you have space for him?" - "We'll have to see".

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fuck that noise because Emily uttered the magic words on Macca.

2014: "We'd love to have the Foo Fighters back at Glastonbury and they haven't played since 1998 so its well overdue! We'll have to see..."

2016: “There’s no planned Radiohead gig at the moment. But obviously we would love to have Radiohead back. Personally I’d love to have them play next year but at the moment there’s no confirmation, so we’ll have to see.”

2018: "We always want him, of course. He's top of our list. But we'll have to see" - "Do you have space for him?" - "We'll have to see".

When I was searching Twitter for the legends' slot quote I saw someone say "So Paul MxCartney ia headlining Glastonbury . That was awkward  @BBCRadio2" and wondered what had been said.

27 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

When I was searching Twitter for the legends' slot quote I saw someone say "So Paul MxCartney ia headlining Glastonbury . That was awkward  @BBCRadio2" and wondered what had been said.

35:20 into this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b8bnl9

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah just finished listening to it, she gets pretty awkward over it doesn't she?

I saw dental posted a few instances of her saying "we'll have to see" when previously asked about acts that ended up headlining. I wonder what she says when asked about acts that don't end up headlining.

Edit: Didn't realise we were in the thread where dental's post is literally right above us.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Also been thinking this although Fleetwood Mac also seem a decent bet. Maybe R&L have got Arctic Monkeys next year.

Can't see em having Paul McCartney and Fleetwood Mac in one year.

Maybe they'll do it just so they can call it the year of Fleetwood Macca.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

Liam Gallagher is male

I don't think I said he wasn't?

16 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Stormzy / AM / Macca is the trio I'd put my money on right now.

I don't see Stormzy being there but the interview has made me rethink Macca a bit. Let's have Arctics, FM and Macca. You have two acts there Liam would sub too....that would be as strong as it gets to be honest.