2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 hours ago, jj200 said:

2019;

Arctic monkeys, Liam Gallagher  and the 1975.

2020:

Foo fighters, kendrick lamer and coldplay

2019 legends spot.

madness

2020 legends spot

Elton john

You ought to enrol on an efestivals diversity awareness course. Apparently women can make music too. Who knew, eh?

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Never too early. My friend is dating one of the lead singers from Daft Punk and I have it on good authority that they are in talks with the Eavii about headlining 2019 

It'll be a surreal experience for your friend, seeing their sex robot headline Glastonbury.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It'll be a surreal experience for your friend, seeing their sex robot headline Glastonbury.

Well he’s had some surreal dates so far with robot number 1 from Daft Punk already. Tried to buy it cocktails but the poor thing kept on smashing the glasses into its helmet.

EDIT: I have no idea why the font came out so big. 

Edited by BlackHole2006

I'm sure I remember reading an interview with Robert Smith where he said they'd be playing for the 30th anniversary of Disintegration next year and didn't rule out Glasto - I'm sure its been mentioned in this mammoth thread but if they're playing and open to it, I would live for The Cure to headline.

Couldn't get a ticket to Hyde Park, now I'm stuck at a function with the Mrs so I can't go even though I might bag a spare sadly - never seen them, would be great to finally get the chance.

Would much rather them than the majority of those already mentioned. I can see Kendrick doing it though particularly if R+L goes down well

49 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Would much rather them than the majority of those already mentioned. I can see Kendrick doing it though particularly if R+L goes down well

Can't see Kendrick myself, as much as I'd like to, think he'll be done touring DAMN by then and GF won't pay enough to bring him out for a one-off show.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't see Kendrick myself, as much as I'd like to, think he'll be done touring DAMN by then and GF won't pay enough to bring him out for a one-off show.

Thats a fair point - I suppose DAMN has been out for a while now - I forget that!

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

What would be the likely hood of Fleetwood Mac and Stone Roses playing? Is it a strong possibility or just very unlikely? 

Fleetwood Mac seems to be a not mental shout at the moment.

More chance of me playing the spoons up there for two hours than Roses appearing though.

28 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

What would be the likely hood of Fleetwood Mac and Stone Roses playing? Is it a strong possibility or just very unlikely? 

Mac will be active next summer so are a definite possibility.

Roses seem to have gone back into hibernation so there appears very little chance. I suppose it’s not out of the question that they could announce one or money spinning stadium shows next year (they’re becoming a regular event) but even when they are active they’ve shown little interest in playing GF.

53 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Roses had to be last year, from what I understand the offer was on the table and they turned it down due to ££

Ian Brown is now apparently working on a solo album, I'd say him playing is more likely

I guess it's not out the realms of possibility that they do play a couple more gigs at some point but I can't see it now, certainly not Glastonbury

Edited by mufcok

So has anyone had a change of who they think the headliners will be? 

I am now leaning towards...

Arctic Monkeys, Fleetwood Mac & Florence 

Elton John is bound to be on 2019 or 2020 though... arrrrgh its hard to predict. I personally would prefer Elton on the legend slot so it freed up a headline slot.

Could the Rolling Stones be back on? will they still be touring? 

15 minutes ago, Havors said:

So has anyone had a change of who they think the headliners will be? 

I am now leaning towards...

Arctic Monkeys, Fleetwood Mac & Florence 

Elton John is bound to be on 2019 or 2020 though... arrrrgh its hard to predict. I personally would prefer Elton on the legend slot so it freed up a headline slot.

Could the Rolling Stones be back on? will they still be touring? 

Can't see Florence doing it next year, far too soon to have her back. She'll only have one extra album from the last time she played.

I feel it shouldn't be a case of how long between headline sets in terms of years, but how many albums have been released in between. An act should have act least three albums of new stuff before being asked back.

17 minutes ago, Havors said:

Elton could headline Friday night but that would mean playing 3 nights in a row and travelling to the USA in time to play there Saturday and Sunday.

It doesn't look as though he plays 3 nights in a row on this tour but not sure if he ever has previously?

As much as I want it. I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately.