2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

38 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Coldplay and Blur maybe. Regardless of how good Jaz Z and Beyonce were, it'd be a talking point and a spectacle. 

I dunno why but the 2 of them together is so much less appealing to me than either of them doing it outright. Have her do it on her own, swap coldplay out for something a little risky (let's say... The KLF) and it already looks a billion times better.

35 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I dunno why but the 2 of them together is so much less appealing to me than either of them doing it outright. Have her do it on her own, swap coldplay out for something a little risky (let's say... The KLF) and it already looks a billion times better.

The KLF would definitely be a risky booking seeing as they don’t currently exist.

13 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

The KLF would definitely be a risky booking seeing as they don’t currently exist.

It's gonna raise some eyebrows for sure. Jodie Whittaker coming out for Doctorin The TARDIS is gonna be a moment for the ages.

If you want a more 'realistic' option just throw The Cribs up there.

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

YO are they actually?!

Yeah. It’s unlikely that they’ll have a record out until after the 2020 festival as well, given that they’re properly on break so won’t be knocking out surprise releases this time.

Martin will probably show up during Beyoncé’s set though, if people think that it’s not Glastonbury without him.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah. It’s unlikely that they’ll have a record out until after the 2020 festival as well, given that they’re properly on break so won’t be knocking out surprise releases this time.

Martin will probably show up during Beyoncé’s set though, if people think that it’s not Glastonbury without him.

Don't get yer hopes up, they're showing up for a one off greatest hits set and there's nothing you can do. 

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

2019 legends spot.

madness

As much as I love Madness, and I do, no.  Just no. 

Plus they played 2016 as a Pyramid act, not going to reappear as Legends 2 festivals later.  And that version of Highway to Hell should have them relegated to the bench until they've had a good hard think about what they've done.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Don't get yer hopes up, they're showing up for a one off greatest hits set and there's nothing you can do. 

Yes I understand why people are predicting them regardless. They must have already done a greatest hits on the Pyramid though, they’ll have to do a fan voted one... that ends up identical to a greatest hits set.

Maybe they can do a greatest hits of Glastonbury where they walk out miming Wonderwall, run through Satisfaction, Tender, Outlaw Pete, get Tricky on for Baby Boy and close the set with Plastic Fox and firework display.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes I understand why people are predicting them regardless. They must have already done a greatest hits on the Pyramid though, they’ll have to do a fan voted one... that ends up identical to a greatest hits set.

Maybe they can do a greatest hits of Glastonbury where they walk out miming Wonderwall, run through Satisfaction, Tender, Outlaw Pete, get Tricky on for Baby Boy and close the set with Plastic Fox and firework display.

They're gonna do a Mash's favourite songs set. Kick it off with Shiver straight into God Put a Smile and, er, probably something off off Viva La Vida. Hell yeah. I love Coldplay.

To be fair to Coldplay I give them a hard time but I sat through their entire set in 2011 to hang about with my mates and I was very impressed when the pyramid flashed different colours. I think it was during that song that sort of builds up as it goes along and Chris Martin whines a lot. 

And their flashing bands idea in 2016 was inspired actually, knew who not to talk about music with Sunday night.

2020's gonna be bleedin' Coldplay, Muse and Blur innit?