2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not too sure how this War on Drugs gig will sell. Obviously The National never sold it out and they seem to have a fairly dedicated fanbase, whereas you don’t really see too many War on Drugs obsessives do you? Saying that, I can’t see it being a disaster.

Nancy Reagan?

I'll get my coat...

• Upvote 3

Loved TWOD when they were early doors at the Pyramid a few years back - sound was crystal clear. They were dull when I saw them in April just gone though, very little crowd interaction, lots of 5 minute feedback intro's (could have fit a few more songs in) - generally underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Stadium tour much more likely giving how much he can make from it. 

Can he? He doesn't usually do them. Plus I feel like the flagging interest in recent Swift, Stones and Carters stadium tours might have the big promoters thinking twice for the next couple of years.

I'll take him at Glastonbury though yes.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like the flagging interest in recent Swift, Stones and Carters stadium tours might have the big promoters thinking twice for the next couple of years.

Despite initial sluggish sales, none of them were playing to empty stadiums.  I'm pretty sure that in most cases the promoters have done pretty well.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Despite initial sluggish sales, none of them were playing to empty stadiums.  I'm pretty sure that in most cases the promoters have done pretty well.

Well no but it doesn't take punters outnumbered by staff to cause those in charge to start to rethink demand. Given that Sir Paul has been doing arenas on the last few tours, it maybe doesn't indicate the best time to be taking things outdoors.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Macca was absolutely brilliant in 04, loved every second of it. But let's be honest, it would just be the same set again.

Saw him in Madison Square Garden last year and it was a far better gig than Glasto 04. The setlist, the show, the banter, the performance. Everything. 

New album out in September. Double A Side released today.

Also Macca in the legends slot?!

Fucking behave.

Edited by The Nal

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca could do the Legends Slot with his solo material and things like Ob La Di Ob La Da and Yellow Submarine - then later on headline with a Bevvy of Beatles Bangers like Day Tripper, Come Together and Piggies.

I only realised very recently the Day Tripper was a John song. Turns out Paul is on "backing" vocals, singing over the top of the composer. 

Prick.