2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Gaz mate. There comes a time in life when you just have to stop fighting it and admit that you've been devastatingly owned. 

I don't have to appreciate shit lol, haven't been owned at all and I'm not your mate.

48 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I'm just the one testicle actually

No, your are definitely worthy of the two.

To swiftly reappear and drag back on track;

Anybody heard anything? Given the 2017 summer festival season is in full swing, was wondering if anything had cropped up.

Still plumping for AM and The 1975 as shouts, but could be either/or 2019/2020. Otherwise, a touch stumped.

What IS the size of a Glasto headliner these days? What makes them? It's an eternal question.

15 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

To swiftly reappear and drag back on track;

Anybody heard anything? Given the 2017 summer festival season is in full swing, was wondering if anything had cropped up.

Still plumping for AM and The 1975 as shouts, but could be either/or 2019/2020. Otherwise, a touch stumped.

What IS the size of a Glasto headliner these days? What makes them? It's an eternal question.

The last two years set an incredibly high bar. Given the circumstances they got those headliners - two British stars making massive comebacks, three huge British bands that have history and good relations with the festival, then a huge US band making up for their cancellation - I think it's very hard to see it returning to that level next year.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The last two years set an incredibly high bar. Given the circumstances they got those headliners - two British stars making massive comebacks, three huge British bands that have history and good relations with the festival, then a huge US band making up for their cancellation - I think it's very hard to see it returning to that level next year.

Keeping powder dry for 2020 then?

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

This is very much my thought too. If you stacked up the 2015 headlining trio - the ones that eventually played rather than booked - and plonked them next to the trio of the xx, Katy Perry and Biffy Clyro in '17, it does give weight to Emily Eavis' claims that "all her subs could headline" that year. But, as you say, because of the near-outrageous commercial clout of the previous six headliners - all stadium filling acts in this country alone - there's a sense that future headliners can only be marked by this barometer.

And, let's face it, aside from AM, who else in the headliner market will step up to stadiums soon in the next twelve months, if at all?

37 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

This is very much my thought too. If you stacked up the 2015 headlining trio - the ones that eventually played rather than booked - and plonked them next to the trio of the xx, Katy Perry and Biffy Clyro in '17, it does give weight to Emily Eavis' claims that "all her subs could headline" that year. But, as you say, because of the near-outrageous commercial clout of the previous six headliners - all stadium filling acts in this country alone - there's a sense that future headliners can only be marked by this barometer.

And, let's face it, aside from AM, who else in the headliner market will step up to stadiums soon in the next twelve months, if at all?

Probably not even Arctics - they’d have done it by now if they wanted to.