2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What happened to equality?, she didn't bloody patrol the streets saying it!, she sung it from lyrics that a musician of hers wrote in a place of fans of the same. I guess she's not allowed to like him now and having a different rule in that situation because of the colour of their skin is racism and if you want to avoid that then don't invite a white girl up and make sure she is black.

I don't like the word but if it presents itself in a black and white community then you pick carefully what you want or accept she's just as much in the right to sings those words as anyone there.

Shall I refer you to my black friends so you can ask then if they still speak to me or not lol, or I shall connect you with the person I was out with and you can argue with him why you care and he doesn't as to be honest if he doesn't you're a fool and being an idiot for no reason.

It's okay kendrick my black mate in the crowd said it's OK for me to say the n word. Do you want to bring them up here too. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Shall I refer you to my black friends so you can ask then if they still speak to me or not lol, or I shall connect you with the person I was out with and you can argue with him why you care and he doesn't as to be honest if he doesn't you're a fool and being an idiot for no reason.

please can you, cheers

57 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Yeah, don't see that happening!  Definitely not a headline set.

You might put them in for a legends spot somewhere down the line, but I wonder whether the perceived collective egos would go for anything less than top billing.

Mel C solo set on the other hand I could see.  Of the five she actually had some level of solo credibility when they went their separate ways, and she's continued releasing albums. Wouldn't be Pyramid, but could imagine her popping up somewhere.

On 6/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, thewayiam said:

What happened to equality?,

Quite startling to think of how much of an utter oaf you'd have to be to even think this constitutes any meaningful form of inequality, much less post it on a public message board.

What happened to equality?, she didn't bloody patrol the streets saying it!, she sung it from lyrics that a musician of hers wrote in a place of fans of the same. I guess she's not allowed to like him now and having a different rule in that situation because of the colour of their skin is racism and if you want to avoid that then don't invite a white girl up and make sure she is black.

I don't like the word but if it presents itself in a black and white community then you pick carefully what you want or accept she's just as much in the right to sings those words as anyone there.

Hi Gazza long term fan, now I just wanna know what's the tasteful way to do blackface in the modern age? Asking for a friend.

If you could. I'm very keen on having that conversation.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Yeah, don't see that happening!  Definitely not a headline set.

You might put them in for a legends spot somewhere down the line, but I wonder whether the perceived collective egos would go for anything less than top billing.

Mel C solo set on the other hand I could see.  Of the five she actually had some level of solo credibility when they went their separate ways, and she's continued releasing albums. Wouldn't be Pyramid, but could imagine her popping up somewhere.

A rammed Avalon Mel C headliner would be the most likely outcome.

So assuming it could be feasible, where would they go?  I could get on board for a pissed up nostalgia singalong, I just don't know where they'd end up. She never actually specifies headlining, so maybe a legends slot?  If they're getting back together to cement their legacy (translated: flog the back catalogue and drum up interest in a ropey comeback album) then Sun afternoon could work. 

Didn't Lionel's stock rise fairly significantly after his '16 show?

Although they'd never be that good. You can break out the routine to Stop and witter on about girl power as much as you like, but there's no "Hello" in their back catalogue.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dont see them playing at all to be perfectly honest with you, but if they're anything then they're legend slot material - and Wannabe is definitely as big a jam as Hello.

Neither do I, but what is this place for if not mindless and wild speculation?! 

And CLEARLY Hello >>> Wannabe

I don't think for a second they will play, but if the Spice Girls got back together in 2019 to perform at Glastonbury they would be Saturday night headliners. They'd be the biggest story/draw of the weekend, easily command the biggest fee, and want the Saturday night viewing figures.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think for a second they will play, but if the Spice Girls got back together in 2019 to perform at Glastonbury they would be Saturday night headliners. They'd be the biggest story/draw of the weekend, easily command the biggest fee, and want the Saturday night viewing figures.

Agreed, it would be an event, in a way that a headline slot for the likes of the AM wouldn’t be. Personally it wouldn’t interest me but that’s not the point.