2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

58 minutes ago, Odessa said:

My mate's just sent me this, and I think it really backs up the point that Green Day fans aren't weirdos so thought I'd share.

received_10216283148890382.jpeg

That guy in the middle's tattoo makes absolutely no sense on its own ffs. When people ask to see it do you reckon he refuses to until his mates are with him to complete the sentence?

Whopper.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That guy in the middle's tattoo makes absolutely no sense on its own ffs. When people ask to see it do you reckon he refuses to until his mates are with him to complete the sentence?

Whopper.

Does it even make sense in context? I swear it should be it's not is hahahahha

Been listening to The Strokes at lot recently, I know they aren't together at the moment but would they get a headline slot these days. I know a lot of their 2017 tour setlists were Is This It heavy so don't know how relevant they would still be. That 2011 Pulp/ The Strokes top two at Reading was class and would love to see that on the pyramid

4 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Been listening to The Strokes at lot recently, I know they aren't together at the moment but would they get a headline slot these days. I know a lot of their 2017 tour setlists were Is This It heavy so don't know how relevant they would still be. That 2011 Pulp/ The Strokes top two at Reading was class and would love to see that on the pyramid

Nah unfortunately they're just in it for the money these days. I really want to see them too, but when they return it won't be at Glasto. And Glasto wouldn't want them as headliners even if they were willing to accept the fee.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

I wouldn't totally write off our chances of seeing a Strokes sub slot some day. Slim, but it could happen

I think there’s a much higher possibility of them headlining the Pyramid at some point than subbing it. At this point, they’re likely to be seeing an upturn in popularity - like so many other band in the scene they were the gods of - while the pool of rock bands to headline Glastonbury gets smaller.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think there’s a much higher possibility of them headlining the Pyramid at some point than subbing it. At this point, they’re likely to be seeing an upturn in popularity - like so many other band in the scene they were the gods of - while the pool of rock bands to headline Glastonbury gets smaller.

True, feels like people aren't that fussed about them these days but they'll probably come back into vogue at some point. Shame the live shows are rubbish. 

Now that they’ve embraced the nostalgia, you barely ever hear about poor live shows cos everyone’s too busy belting the words back at them. They don’t have any tricks to impress casuals but neither do Radiohead, yet that went down pretty well with those in attendance, Ed Balls aside.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Now that they’ve embraced the nostalgia, you barely ever hear about poor live shows cos everyone’s too busy belting the words back at them. They don’t have any tricks to impress casuals but neither do Radiohead, yet that went down pretty well with those in attendance, Ed Balls aside.

I think the casuals will always be waiting for Last Night but that’s about it for them. I still see ‘lads’ belting out to it. First two albums are bona fire masterpieces and I’m still greatly fond of FIOE, it’s so underrated. 

5 minutes ago, Retro P said:

I think the casuals will always be waiting for Last Night but that’s about it for them. I still see ‘lads’ belting out to it. First two albums are bona fire masterpieces and I’m still greatly fond of FIOE, it’s so underrated. 

Angles and Comedown Machine are the underrated ones imo. First Impressions of Earth should have had a few tracks shaved off it.

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Angles and Comedown Machine are the underrated ones imo. First Impressions of Earth should have had a few tracks shaved off it.

Could never get into Angles but Comedown Machine deserves so much more love, still a surprising delight. FIOE had Juicebox as its lead single and I remember folks judging it on that but it has so much more going on, was very under appreciated on release. 

Pyramid:

fri: take that

Sat: The stone roses

sun: stereophonics

Other Stage:

Fri: bastille

sat: the 1975

Sun: bring me the horizen

jon peel:

Fri: Fat-boy silm

Sat: Dua lipa

Sun: kaiser chiefs