2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

What? They're easily bigger than SOAD. I love System but they'd be a weak headliner anywhere other than Download.

SOAD would be a wicked show at R&L then again maybe as the years go on maybe the crowd Isnt right anymore. R&L is a funny one I'm not really sure they keep doing "joint" headline spots kinda really weird to me. QOTSA should have just flat out headlined over paramore in 2014 too.

27 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

How are there people in this thread who remained blissfully unaware of All Summer Long until today? It was inescapable back in the day

Since about 2002, I'm only aware of the charts when they're mentioned on here. Since Kid Rock hasn't been anywhere near Worthy, I know nothing about him.

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

Green Day easily have enough songs to pad out a headline set, okay most of them are a decade old now, but most of rolling stones were several decades old when they headlined. They could probably get away with playing any combination of Nimrod/Dookie/American Idiot/21st Century Breakdown and have a killer headline set. 

Fucking hell

52 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

People last year who were irate about Corbyn should be champing at the bit for Kid Rock to come along and balance things out a bit.

nah, Corbyn was balancing things up for the previous attendance of the Thatcher-loving tax-avoiding Rolling Stones. :P

Edited by eFestivals

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d happily see Green Day headline if nothing else I fancied was on anywhere else.

I’d rather count floaters in the long drops. Are you lads serious?? Green Day are fucking shite. Thankfully it’s unlikely as I don’t think they’d do it for the comparatively small money that glasto offer headliners.

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That Kid Rock track was everywhere tbf unlike all these Green Day songs that everyone's making up.

Green Day aren't being asked to play the Pyramid unless they stumble into some sort of miraculous career revival, but American Idiot and Wake Me Up When September Ends were both fucking massive at the time.

38 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Green Day aren't being asked to play the Pyramid unless they stumble into some sort of miraculous career revival

How Sway? They're already classic rock level where they don't have to bother even trying with a new album because the gigs will sell regardless and they can still headline practically any festival they want. If they're not relevant enough then the majority of 'big enough' rock bands can get in the bin with them.

Honestly a lot of discussion about headliners on here boils down to "I think they're shit so they're not suitable to headline". Foo Fighters are utter dirge but I didn't say they shouldn't be playing cos they haven't had a hit in x years. And if Green Day can't headline then looking at recent years, Florence, Kanye, Kasabian, Arcade Fire, Arctics and Mumfords weren't big enough either.

• Upvote 2