2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Defo think Flo is too early, I don't see her being one of those to come back earlier than a 6 years point...only really Coldplay get that, not even Muse. 

The Killers although I don't see it happening would be ideal if you like in a year that Glastonbury could use as....everyone wanted 2020 so some things aren't going to be as high as maybe the usual....they still have the hits, but it would still be a struggle to do the gigs they have this year and not play less than headline, subbing to FM would be the perfect choice as at least they can save face that it was a huge one and one the fest have wanted for years.

Hang on what.  The Killers to play and not headline?!! Christ....

The Killers are still huge, still sell out everywhere they play, had a massive crowd for their secret set and went down amazingly well.  

If they play there’ll be headlining.  

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Hang on what.  The Killers to play and not headline?!! Christ....

The Killers are still huge, still sell out everywhere they play, had a massive crowd for their secret set and went down amazingly well.  

If they play there’ll be headlining.  

But where are they playing no?, the medium fests of Latitude and Swansea Stadium.

It was in a tiny tent and of course it was massive...I'm not saying they are a 5k capacity band but surely they wouldn't be accepting what they are this year if they didn't need to?

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But where are they playing no?, the medium fests of Latitude and Swansea Stadium.

It was in a tiny tent and of course it was massive...I'm not saying they are a 5k capacity band but surely they wouldn't be accepting what they are this year if they didn't need to?

You can't conveniently leave out Isle Of Wight, TRNSMT and another stadium to try and make a point haha. Nonsense.

Just now, Odessa said:

You can't conveniently leave out Isle Of Wight, TRNSMT and another stadium to try and make a point haha. Nonsense.

Exactly!!! Along with last years performances too.  So the point really is they’re headlining Latitude so cant headline Glasto..... honestly it’s pointless even arguing this ridiculous point.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For what it's worth, I'm 39 and always felt a little removed from the Arctic Monkeys, like they belonged to a different generation. This album however appealed to me more.

Fair but I’m not compiling a Domesday Book on attitudes towards TBHC; just from what I’ve seen so far age isn’t a factor.

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

Headlining TRNSMT? 

And what?, Scotland loves them, NG played T and now he's topping fuck all.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

I actually forgot about IOW so I'll take it for that but if we mean Bolton....the point that actually gets mentioned with The Killers now. They were topping Hyde Park.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And what?, Scotland loves them, NG played T and now he's topping fuck all.

I actually forgot about IOW so I'll take it for that but if we mean Bolton....the point that actually gets mentioned with The Killers now. They were topping Hyde Park.

If they were just doing IoW and TRNSMT nobody would use that as an indication they're falling off. To use the fact there's demand for more big shows on top of that as an argument against them is ridiculous. 

"They were topping Hyde Park" lol yeah they were just 10 months ago. They could have sold that out again this summer.

Edited by Odessa

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Forgot to reply to this, it's mad good though isn't it?

Shame he's not the type of artist you'd expect to turn up at Glasto.

I'll be looking out for a tour though defo as I can't imagine it'd cost too much to see him. I dunno about his prospects for Glasto tbh, I'm mostly clueless about who could play like the Sonic stage and that.

Bob Dylan just announced start of a new world tour for Asia, Australia and NZ, July and August this year. Could still be going on into 2019, might there be a place for him on the farm? Legends? Top of bill on West Holts? Top/near top of bill on Pyramid?

Edited by John the Moth
Clarity

On 5/12/2018 at 12:01 PM, battleborn said:

Led Zepellin have been building up to a reunion for a year.

I know I shouldn't bite but here's Robert Plant building up to that reunion in an interview in March....

“If I didn’t [say no to a reunion] I’d be a whore, and I’m never going to be that,” 

On 12 May 2018 at 11:03 PM, Paulmcm1998 said:

Is Pearl Jam a possible headliner i know they are touring a bit this year and i believe they are making new music(correct me if I'm wrong)?

Yes a possibility. More Other Stage but they have enough known songs. Maybe not with the younger crowd though.