2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They split up. I don’t think they have a lot to do with each other anymore, naturally.

From what I’ve read he’s waiting to be inspired, and filling his time with DJ sets and guest production gigs.

Oh right, didn't know they were a couple or that he wasn't involved. Need to hear the new album, like them more than TI.

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Dream:

PYRAMID 

Friday - Green Day

Saturday - Arctic Monkeys 

Sunday - Elton John

OTHER

Friday - QOTSA

Saturday - Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday - Prodigy

One of things I say I couldn't miss is The Prodigy top the Other stage but at the same time Elton John included in the ticket price is a much bigger can't miss.

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Dream:

PYRAMID 

Friday - Green Day

Saturday - Arctic Monkeys 

Sunday - Elton John

OTHER

Friday - QOTSA

Saturday - Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday - Prodigy

I  think elton john could be doing the 50th anniversary so i think florence could make an appearance closing the sunday on pyramid and i think Abba  might be  doing the lengard spot

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

On another note, where do you guys think King Crimson would play if they were on the lineup?

Tricky one, they don't really know what to do with (or invite) old prog acts, I recall Yes played in (I think) 2003 and were halfway down the bill on the Jazzworld Stage at a time they were selling out arenas everywhere.

Would be great to see KC blasting out 'Larks' Tongues in Aspic (parts 1 & 2)', 3 drummers to the fore, to a Pyramid field of the utterly bewildered. :D

Edited by henry bear

On 4/26/2018 at 11:36 PM, dentalplan said:

In February it was reported by their manager that KP hasn’t even begun writing anything for it yet. They’re gonna become the new Portishead at this rate.

I think they’re quite far down the list for new headliners, personally. I hope it happens, but realistically Glastonbury would have to change tack. The reception they got was good but they had a hella small crowd - smaller than TLSP’s before the Adele heads started to move in.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:02 PM, henry bear said:

Tricky one, they don't really know what to do with (or invite) old prog acts, I recall Yes played in (I think) 2003 and were halfway down the bill on the Jazzworld Stage at a time they were selling out arenas everywhere.

Yep - they played Sunday afternoon in 2003 on Jazzworld. It was shite and I'm partial to a bit of prog.

So going off the fact that Michael Eavis has said that two or three acts who have never played Glastonbury before will be on the line up, these are my predictions on who could headline in 2019

Arctic Monkeys - New album and an extremely popular band

Fleetwood Mac - Reunion tour in 2019 and they've never played Glastonbury Before

Led Zeppelin - 50th anniversary and again they've never played Glastonbury before

other possibilities could be

The Stone Roses - Never played Glastonbury before and it'll be 30 years since their debut album was released.

The Cure - They're headlining a massive concert in Hyde Park this summer to celebrate their 40th anniversary.

The Strokes - Although they not an extremely popular band in Britain, they've never played Glastonbury before and it would bring in more International festival goers

4 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Arctic Monkeys aren't nailed on headliners. There new album comes out this week and the tour only goes up to September. They might be working on the next album by next summer, 2020 headliner seems more likely.

Did Eavis specify headliners? There's always a couple of acts who've never played Glastonbury before on the line up.

Arctic Monkeys will not be working on a new album by next summer.

10 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

Led Zeppelin - 50th anniversary and again they've never played Glastonbury before

Bit of a problem in that they don't actually exist. I'm sure JP wishes that weren't true, but RP's having none of it. Also, their 50th anniversary is this year.

10 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Alex Turner virtually wrote this one himself so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. He's no plans with TLSP for a good few years either, so could see them hitting the studio by next summer. They used to be fairly consistant, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 - after the five year hiatus and early 2020 album would swing them back to old regularity. (Especially baring mind this album is two years after TLSP's last album). Working on it by next summer and releasing it around April/May 2020 seems plausible.

They released albums in quick succession early on in their career because they were young go-getter musicians riding a wave of hype and making the most of it. Now they're essentially elder statesmen and can release off-kilter albums like their new one and then fuck off for five years afterwards and still have people gagging for their return. I'd be shocked if they knocked out an album that fast ever again.

edit: Egg on my face if this new album ends up being part of some double release or something, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Edited by FloorFiller

47 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

So going off the fact that Michael Eavis has said that two or three acts who have never played Glastonbury before will be on the line up, these are my predictions on who could headline in 2019

Arctic Monkeys - New album and an extremely popular band

Fleetwood Mac - Reunion tour in 2019 and they've never played Glastonbury Before

other possibilities could be

The Stone Roses - Never played Glastonbury before and it'll be 30 years since their debut album was released.

The Cure - They're headlining a massive concert in Hyde Park this summer to celebrate their 40th anniversary.

The Strokes - Although they not an extremely popular band in Britain, they've never played Glastonbury before and it would bring in more International festival goers

Led Zeppelin - aren't a band anymore

Stone Roses - aren't a band anymore

The Strokes - not remotely big enough any more, and also barely a band anymore

the others are possible, although The Cure seem unlikely considering that they haven't been booked in so long.

1 hour ago, Barnabylike said:

Not a chance in hell. 

1 hour ago, Barnabylike said:

Glastonbury sells out before they announce the lineup, so they wouldn't bring in any festival goers.

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Arctic Monkeys aren't nailed on headliners. There new album comes out this week and the tour only goes up to September. They might be working on the next album by next summer, 2020 headliner seems more likely.

Again, not a chance in hell. They may headline in 2020 instead, but it'll still be part of the TBHC tour.

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Did Eavis specify headliners? There's always a couple of acts who've never played Glastonbury before on the line up.

There are hundreds of bands on the lineup, loads of which have never played before, every single year. Eavis wasn't revealing that there'll be a couple of undercard acts who've never played before.

However, Eavis has said stuff like this loads of times in the past that have ended up not being true, so probably best to just ignore it.