2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

But that's nothing to do with being too big. There are probably undercard acts that refuse to play Glasto because it doesn't pay much. Pretty sure Wiley or someone moaned about it before (he was actually playing, but still, I'm sure there are acts that refuse to play for that reason).

I assumed people would realise what I mean't by too big, considering some of the biggest acts (Adele, Rolling Stones etc) all have played Glasto, so at this point I don't think "too big" is actually a thing for Glasto anymore...

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I assumed people would realise what I mean't by too big, considering some of the biggest acts (Adele, Rolling Stones etc) all have played Glasto, so at this point I don't think "too big" is actually a thing for Glasto anymore...

You've replied to me twice now and I still don't have a clue what you meant by "too big"...?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

You've replied to me twice now and I still don't have a clue what you meant by "too big"...?

I think she is in the same group as Bieber and Swift and Drake. Whatever group you call that, the group that is very unlikely to play glasto because they would just do stadiums instead because they don't do many fests and when they do do fests they charge a lot of money

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think she is in the same group as Bieber and Swift and Drake. Whatever group you call that, the group that is very unlikely to play glasto because they would just do stadiums instead because they don't do many fests and when they do do fests they charge a lot of money

Rihanna does plenty of fests from memory. She's played V and TITP in recent years. How do you know how much she gets paid when she does them?

Most people at festivals are older than Bieber's fanbase, same as One Direction, which I'd expect is why he doesn't play many festivals (he did V the other year anyway which is probably the only one in the UK suitable for him).

Drake is miles bigger than Rihanna now. If she was as big as him then I wouldn't really expect her to take a Glasto slot. The fact she's no longer near that size is what the discussion is about.

As others have said, headlining Glasto as this point would be a pretty perfect gig for Rihanna to reignite interest in her.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

On 23/04/2018 at 3:50 PM, Mattymooz said:

Rihanna is setting up to launch a lingerie line if that's what you're talking about :P No hints for new music yet

Back to this, seems she's been secretly recording an album - two albums/a double album at that, one of which is all bangers (the other more experimental)

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/24/rihanna-is-recording-not-one-but-two-brand-new-albums-7494011/

Not that there was any doubt that she must have an album in the works, but looks like it could come out in time for a G headline set (another blog seems to think she's aiming for a June release but that seems awfully soon).

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Back to this, seems she's been secretly recording an album - two albums/a double album at that, one of which is all bangers (the other more experimental)

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/24/rihanna-is-recording-not-one-but-two-brand-new-albums-7494011/

Not that there was any doubt that she must have an album in the works, but looks like it could come out in time for a G headline set (another blog seems to think she's aiming for a June release but that seems awfully soon).

I saw this this morning, apparently aiming to be near the Oceans 8 release date but I agree that does seem quick (especially considering the 4 year gap we had waiting for Anti)

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

this is my dream 2019 line up

friday the 1975

saturday kendrick lamer

sunday arctic monkeys

other stage

friday: bastille

saturday: foals

sunday: queens of the stone age

Why would you put your favourite band, Bastille, up against one of your other favourite bands, the 1975? That doesn't sound like a dream, that's a nightmare. Same goes for the others of course but I know you really, really like Bastille.

1 minute ago, The life of Pablo said:

On a more serious note...Tame Impala? Surely another album coming and after the great reception they got in 2016. 

In February it was reported by their manager that KP hasn’t even begun writing anything for it yet. They’re gonna become the new Portishead at this rate.

I think they’re quite far down the list for new headliners, personally. I hope it happens, but realistically Glastonbury would have to change tack. The reception they got was good but they had a hella small crowd - smaller than TLSP’s before the Adele heads started to move in.

• Upvote 1

On 26/04/2018 at 11:36 PM, dentalplan said:

In February it was reported by their manager that KP hasn’t even begun writing anything for it yet. They’re gonna become the new Portishead at this rate.

I think they’re quite far down the list for new headliners, personally. I hope it happens, but realistically Glastonbury would have to change tack. The reception they got was good but they had a hella small crowd - smaller than TLSP’s before the Adele heads started to move in.

Melody's Echo Chamber have got new stuff coming out, so he's probably busy with that.

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

Melody's Echo Chamber have got new stuff coming out, so he's probably busy with that.

They split up. I don’t think they have a lot to do with each other anymore, naturally.

From what I’ve read he’s waiting to be inspired, and filling his time with DJ sets and guest production gigs.