2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Neil Finn and that bloke out of The Heartbreakers replacing him.

Is that a prediction or facts? Cos I was thinking it’d be Mike Campbell seeing as Stevo worships the Heartbreakers.

edit: Just Googled it. Noice. Neil Finn is an interesting pick.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, Gnomicide said:

From NME article  (I know) but...

Yeah I just looked it up bc I suddenly remembered that I can find out stuff for myself. :lol:

Is Finn Diesel likely to crack open a can of Don’t Dream It’s Over, or am I gonna have to look at whoever else is on another stage?

9 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

Does anyone know why there is some apparent animosity? 

i think last time they played, they were massively late on stage because they were watching the World cup

werent one of the eavis's a little rude about them in the press around 6 years ago as well?

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

i think last time they played, they were massively late on stage because they were watching the World cup

werent one of the eavis's a little rude about them in the press around 6 years ago as well?

That was James who watched the footy I believe. The Cure last played in ‘95 which wasn’t a World Cup year. There must have been some different problems between Michael and Messrs. Cure.

Doesn’t seem that outside the box for them to be brought in. Eavis is always squashing his beefs. Lifted the ban on The Fall in the nick of time. And James of course, although they’ll be back on the shitlist for not playing Sit Down.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm sure Neil or someone on here said that Eavis said "have The Cure ever done a good set at Glastonbury?"

I saw them in 1995 - for the record, I thought they were the perfect Sunday night headliner and remember REALLY enjoying it.

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Eavis said "have The Cure ever done a good set at Glastonbury?"

yeah, it was something like that from what i can remember.

Might not have been Michael tho (I can't remember), it might have been Martin (one of the bookers).

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I saw them in 1995 - for the record, I thought they were the perfect Sunday night headliner and remember REALLY enjoying it.

I saw them in 1986, and felt distinctly underwhelmed.

The lightning storm was much more interesting.