2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

leak lineup not true as the lineup poster looks the same style as 2017 and where's bastille foals courtneers and the 1975

1 minute ago, jj200 said:

the dates for glasto next year is  26th-30th June, 2019 not 21st to 25th as it was last year dates

With Donald Trump and jj200 in the world, satire is dead. 

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have they even been gone long enough for people to give much of a monkeys?

Yeah of course. Any time is enough to give a band a shot in the arm nowadays, and they’re running out of bands to reunite.

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't think there's anything to it, might just be trying to be glib. Like "I wanted to book them, but unfortunately they are inactive now har har har" etc

There’s definitely been something stirring over the past couple of years regarding their activity. A few years ago I thought they were just happy for the band to be done and would never return, but now they’ve all been doing shows of some sort and re-releasing stuff so I think they probably will try to do it before it’s too late. And naturally I reckon this guy knows that they’re open to offers rather than fantasising.

3 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Sorry to be the one to bring it up (probably again) but Swedish House Mafia are back. 

Other stage headliner?

I’d say they are far, far too big for Other Stage - they’d headline pretty much any festival in the world, so can’t see them expecting any less from Glastonbury. But it won’t happen. 

10 hours ago, st dan said:

I’d say they are far, far too big for Other Stage - they’d headline pretty much any festival in the world, so can’t see them expecting any less from Glastonbury. But it won’t happen. 

Yeah there is no chance SHM play Glastonbury as you say, they don't need any exposure it would give them and it's a case of they won't accept Other headliner but won't get main stage either.

Kind of an unrelated post but do you think we'd ever get to the point where Glastonbury would consider using co-headliners? Or is Glastonbury such a big draw that they'd always be able to attract 'big' headliners. Maybe the reputation of Glasto would allow it to take a risk of giving an outright headline spot to someone who would be considered a co headliner at somewhere like reading 

24 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Kind of an unrelated post but do you think we'd ever get to the point where Glastonbury would consider using co-headliners? Or is Glastonbury such a big draw that they'd always be able to attract 'big' headliners. Maybe the reputation of Glasto would allow it to take a risk of giving an outright headline spot to someone who would be considered a co headliner at somewhere like reading 

I think there are a few reasons why it wouldn't use co-headliners to be honest.

1. The most obvious thing to consider, R+L can swap their co-headliners so each one finishes a different festival, whereas Glastonbury can't do that.

2. Glastonbury goes for (at least at this point in time) massive headliners and I can't imagine them picking two smaller acts if they can help it. Obviously with the headliner pool getting smaller they're going to have to consider their options, but I just can't see them advertising it in that way.

3. Glastonbury is so ridiculously massive that bands who co-headline Reading (Foals, Disclosure etc.) headline the other stage/ sub and IIRC, Metallica were considered for an Other Stage slot, one of the biggest bands on Earth (correct me if I'm wrong though) 

Edited by Alex DeLarge