2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I do think it'll finally be the year fer Fleetwood Mac next time. Mick Fleetwood was hooting about it in autumn, and this big farewell tour was supposed to start in June this year but looks to be postponed a wee bit so there's little chance of them shutting up shop before June 2019. Couldn't give much of a toss personally but I think that'll be the saga for next year.

Rather have Songs For the Deaf.

I'm still holding out for a Rihannaisance to hit the mainstream. If you want a back catalogue full of enormous bangers and on-stage swagger befitting of the Pyramid, then there's two artists with the given name Robyn who'll deliver that in spades, but only one of them has the commercial heft to be considered.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm still holding out for a Rihannaisance to hit the mainstream. If you want a back catalogue full of enormous bangers and on-stage swagger befitting of the Pyramid, then there's two artists with the given name Robyn who'll deliver that in spades, but only one of them has the commercial heft to be considered.

She has a pretty awful live rep hasn’t she?

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Allegedly, but I'm definitely of the view that with the right setlist she could walk it.  Even if Anti was a wobble, it's mostly pretty good.  Work is a gotdamn bop.

Yeah I wouldn’t begrudge her the opportunity. Don’t think it’ll happen now, mind.

20 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd reckon that a lot of the more veteran folk posting on here would still see her as a Johnny Come Lately, but if you're in your early 20s she's been around most of your life releasing bangers.  Practically a heritage act.

Well, I was more thinking about the  bookers and their succession of biggest pop act in the world 2016, 2017 and then following it up with 2012’s representative.

However I’ve been thinking about it a bit and it might be more likely for her going off-boil. Rihanna’s peeps may be more likely to a) approach Glasto about playing (as Neil says the big acts normally do rather than vice versa); and b) accept a smaller fee, than Madge or Kung Fu Kenny. And also, unless all the biggest pop stars from now on are British citizens who recognise the cultural importance of Glastonbury then it’ll have to cede from its successive top-level-of-pop acts at some point.

• 2 weeks later...