2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

20 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Hopefully NIN are around again that Summer to do it.

I could get on board with this a lot more than the 1975 that's for sure...

I've been obsessively checking the dates of late. A little tempted by tickets to the gig in Berlin, but waiting on in case they turn up in the UK. Surely they will...right?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Headline Bestival/Latitude/APE I would say.

Surely they are getting to the stage where they are bigger than that now? Their last album was massive and I Imagine the next will be even bigger

Edited by Matt42

On 1/13/2018 at 2:44 PM, Matt42 said:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=40786

nothing interesting but disclosure have confirmed Wildlife is taking a break and coming back in 2019. So with a new album I imagine disclosure could be back in 2019. Not sure where they would place on the lineup now though unless it was an other stage headliner repeat 

not sure it's saying that, it's saying Disclosure are taking a break from Wild Life. The way it's worded leaves the possibility open of the festival returning without them.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Surely they are getting to the stage where they are bigger than that now? Their last album was massive and I Imagine the next will be even bigger

It gave them a huge boost yeah but I wouldn’t go as far as to say they’re gonna headline 90k cap festivals next year. There are plenty of acts bigger that’d be in the queue to headline before them.

2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Primavera Sound booked for the end of May, and then Mad Cool in July.

Will probably work Bestival again if they have a half-decent lineup. Will be interesting to see how that one works out, with it moving to August.

Don't know how this ended up in this thread. Was supposed to go in the 2018 replacement thread. Oh well...

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but are Depeche Mode a possibility for 2019?

probably not.

They're touring this year, and they tend to not like touring for a year, so they're likely to be recording or having time off next year.

Not impossible of course, but doesn't look particularly likely with how things stand at the moment.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but are Depeche Mode a possibility for 2019?

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

probably not.

They're touring this year, and they tend to not like touring for a year, so they're likely to be recording or having time off next year.

Not impossible of course, but doesn't look particularly likely with how things stand at the moment.

They also toured last Summer, didn't they? Making next Summer even less likely.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just seeing Stormzy is moving tickets for Wireless incredibly fast. Maybe an outside bet? First grime headliner.

Yeah it’s an interesting one. I’d argue he’s definitely a UK festival headliner right now (and he should be) seems to have captivated a market that BBK couldn’t.

however because of genre he will still be considered an outside booking. I guess for 2019 we’re still a year off. If he releases another album that’s done the success of this then he’s surely a contender.

as much as I agree he’s a headliner, id still find it quite strange seeing him on top billing...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah it’s an interesting one. I’d argue he’s definitely a UK festival headliner right now (and he should be) seems to have captivated a market that BBK couldn’t.

however because of genre he will still be considered an outside booking. I guess for 2019 we’re still a year off. If he releases another album that’s done the success of this then he’s surely a contender.

as much as I agree he’s a headliner, id still find it quite strange seeing him on top billing...

Yeah I feel like the thing was reaching outside of grime, and BBK already did that years ago and it was horrible, but Stormzy has leapt at the chance to dominate the mainstream so quick that there isn’t even a ‘what happened?’ moment as it’s all the same. I thought it was gonna kill his career but it seems people are happy for him rather than sharpening the knife.

Definitely hinges on a new album as he couldn’t headline on GSAP but yeah whenever that comes he should still be in with a shout - he’s probably not gonna go away in the meantime.

Edited by dentalplan

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stormy Owuo is definitely one to keep an eye on.  He's got the sort of star power that'll pack them in at the Pyramid Field.

Speaking of which, probably worth noting that Dua Lipa aka Two Lips is showing every sign of breaking the US.

Expecting Dua Lipa to take a relatively high pyramid slot in 2019. Seems like a shoe in and she’s done the festival a few times now

Emily said she thought stormzy was a headliner in an interview last year as well. It would be a massive moment for british rappers and grime. Though I don't know if i'd watch it as seen so much grime the last few years and always welcome a non pyramid headliner. (still need to see a park headliner)