2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I think I'm right in saying every major music artist Emily follows on Instagram has played Glastonbury.....except Madonna!

Must be a good bet for 2019.

well, if that's right, efests will have listed another future headliner over a year in advance (tho this time I might even have the name for the right year :P)

25 minutes ago, sisco said:

The 1975...... Christ are they that big now?!!

not sure they're quite there yet, but at the mo they're probably the most obvious 'new' act to get to be headliner.

Foals are ahead of them as someone who's not headlined, but struggle to class as 'new'. They could do it instead of the Arctics and it wouldn't seem much different at the top of the bill, I reckon.

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not sure they're quite there yet, but at the mo they're probably the most obvious 'new' act to get to be headliner.

Foals are ahead of them as someone who's not headlined, but struggle to class as 'new'. They could do it instead of the Arctics and it wouldn't seem much different at the top of the bill, I reckon.

Must be mis-reading this. You aren't claiming Foals are on a level with the Arctics? Surely not.

12 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Must be mis-reading this. You aren't claiming Foals are on a level with the Arctics? Surely not.

I was meaning they've been around for a long time and are an established 'big' band like the arctics, not that they were the same 'big'.

Whereas The 1975 are a new 'big' band.

(It makes sense to me, even if it doesn't to you)

I'd love Foals to get the nod but I'm not sure 1 more album will be enough for them to make the jump from sub to headliner. 1975 seems like a good shout for the new act, if they go down that route. 

1975, Madonna and Arctics is plausible at this stage I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...