2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

T-Swizzle has a new album in November. Might she still be touring it by Summer 19? Realistically the only festival that might book her for next year would be V.

Yes this is v possible. She didn't tour 1989 for very long but the album before that lasted until June 2014 having come out October 2012, and she's had more of a break this time so will hopefully be ready to go all out. Or at least do a proper UK leg. 

Would love Depeche Mode to headline. I don't care what stage, I just want it to happen. I saw Dave Gahan play the Other Stage a number of years ago and thought he was great. DM headling would be for me a perfect thing.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do you, Kalopsia?

Well done for seeing that I like them as a band.

But yea I feel they're big enough to pull off the Friday night, they had a huge crowd at the other in 2011 and have done reading & Leeds. I'm thinking they might be headlining Download next year so why not Glasto 2019? If you have a better suggestion then please say.

Seems like a fair few of the speculated acts have touring schedules that conflict or don't work with Glastonbury.

Arctic Monkeys, Taylor Swift, The Killers, Queens Of The Stone Age, Eminem seem like acts we can count out - they are / supposedly releasing albums towards the end of the year which means most of them will do the bulk of their touring in 2018.

I guess we have to look at acts who are skipping out this year and releasing mid-late 2018 or even 2019. I can't see those acts doing it on the back of their (probably) ginormous tours.

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Seems like a fair few of the speculated acts have touring schedules that conflict or don't work with Glastonbury.

Arctic Monkeys, Taylor Swift, The Killers, Queens Of The Stone Age, Eminem seem like acts we can count out - they are / supposedly releasing albums towards the end of the year which means most of them will do the bulk of their touring in 2018.

I guess we have to look at acts who are skipping out this year and releasing mid-late 2018 or even 2019. I can't see those acts doing it on the back of their (probably) ginormous tours.

Arctic's are the only ones i could see still doing it. American acts don't tend to come to europe too many times but british/european acts can easily do it. Arctics could do Reading festival, an arena tour then glasto and a few stadiums/parks

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Arctic's are the only ones i could see still doing it. American acts don't tend to come to europe too many times but british/european acts can easily do it. Arctics could do Reading festival, an arena tour then glasto and a few stadiums/parks

They do seem to be one of the front runners.  They've got that kind of established fan base that makes them perfect to be one of Glastonbury's regular house bands, like Muse + Coldplay.  2013-2019 is the same gap as 2007-2013, so there are few impediments to them playing 2019.  Ok, their album would have been out the previous year, but that didn't stop Radiohead this year.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I said the other day, I don't think Taylor Swift will be out of the equation for 2019. She could easily spend 12-18 months on a world tour, maybe taking in V or a day at BST next year before finishing the tour at Glasto 19.

Yeah her fourth album cycle started in August 2012 and she was still promoting it in June 2014. No reason this album couldn't 'last' an identical length of time.

If Arctic Monkeys do reading in 2018 (providing their album would of been out just short of a year) I can't see there being enough hype for Glastonbury in 2019. It would come off incredibly dull.

Definitely makes 2019 much harder to predict anyway

• 2 weeks later...