2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

The notion of Kendrick Lamar on West Holts is laughable. We're not in 2013 any more.

"So Kendrick... we know you've just headlined Coachella and released DAMN. album to masses of worldwide commercial and critical acclaim once again, solidifying you as a leading artist of your generation. How does a spot on Glastonbury's third stage sound?"

"That sounds great Emily, when do I collect my 5 figure paycheck?"

Edited by ConorC

35 minutes ago, ConorC said:

The notion of Kendrick Lamar on West Holts is laughable. We're not in 2013 any more.

"So Kendrick... we know you've just headlined Coachella and released DAMN. album to masses of worldwide commercial and critical acclaim once again, solidifying you as a leading artist of your generation. How does a spot on Glastonbury's third stage sound?"

"That sounds great Emily, when do I collect my 5 figure paycheck?"

what sort of Music is this Kendrick Lamar ? is it rap?

edit , did he win pop idol?

Edited by shuttlep

Half tempted to post ANOTHER paragraph about how Kendrick should headline but they just don't seem to work. He'd be so good though. 

He's the current best at arguably the current most popular genre, that's reason enough for me to have him headlining a performing arts festival.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I still find it weird that Katy perry didn't sub

I mean her crowd wasn't that big but I can't imagine the national had much bigger

weird year for placings

But no year adheres to a rule of 'smallest-to-biggest, first-to-last'. That's why special things like Sunday teatime slot and Other Stage opener exist.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But no year adheres to a rule of 'smallest-to-biggest, first-to-last'. That's why special things like Sunday teatime slot and Other Stage opener exist.

The policy of allowing relatively tiny subs to sit inbetween huge acts third down and headlining is not only stupid in itself, but every time brilliant acts who'd get rapturous receptions elsewhere on site are wasted on Coldplay/Mumford and Sons/Foo Fighters fans who've never heard of them it makes the festival look stupid too, and presumably puts off similar acts from wanting to play in the future. And it doesn't help that said tiny acts they keep sacrificing to the Coldplay/Mumford and Sons/Foo Fighters fans are too quirky and niche for your average Coldplay/Mumford and Sons/Foo Fighters fan to be able to appreciate an hour of from a standing start. I don't know why they persist with it. I presume there must be a reason we don't know about because there's no noticeable crowd churn benefit.

Edited by Zac Quinn

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The policy of allowing relatively tiny subs to sit inbetween huge acts third down and headlining is not only stupid in itself, but every time brilliant acts who'd get rapturous receptions elsewhere on site are wasted on Coldplay/Mumford and Sons/Foo Fighters fans who've never heard of them it makes the festival look stupid too, and presumably puts off similar acts from wanting to play in the future. And it doesn't help that said tiny acts they keep sacrificing to the Coldplay/Mumford and Sons/Foo Fighters fans are too quirky and niche for your average Coldplay/Mumford and Sons/Foo Fighters fan to be able to appreciate an hour of from a standing start. I don't know why they persist with it. I presume there must be a reason we don't know about because there's no noticeable crowd churn benefit.

Spot the Coldplay fan. 

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'll take an out-of-place Bad Seeds over them evacuating the slot to find someone suitably bland for Mumford & Sons fans. And I don't think anyone has been put off by the promise of playing to the biggest stage in the world in front of tens of thousands of people. They can do their own gigs to entertain their own fans.

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Spot the Coldplay fan. 

Even as someone who likes both Beck and Coldplay I would never in a million years pick Beck as a warm-up act to get me in the mood for Coldplay. I do hope that crowd didn't put off Mr Hansen too much and he comes back one day to play in a suitable slot.

Edited by Zac Quinn

8 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Haha nice waste of a morning fir you that !! I still stand by the point I was making, which was perfectly borne out by the poor reception and pretty flat gig all round. So I was right, unfortunately. I wanted it to be better as they are that good and important, but I could see it a month out it was too high and/or the wrong stage for them. 

Do you (et al.) honestly think they were correctly placed then? Heading the other would have been ideal, and from a fans view the park would have been just perfect, bit cramped though. 

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I have a feeling Biffy Clyro might headline the Pyramid

they have done every slot but headline the pyramid

they should have a new album out by then

Them subbing this year was essentially an admittance from them that they're never gonna headline and sub is the best they could hope for. They aren't getting any bigger. It's all downhill from here for them.