2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'd love it to happen but it's so unlikely. Subbing, maybe. 

Even that'd be a push unless the second album was ridiculously huge. I think they're a tidy little band but they're more likely to fail to back up the hype and become recurring Other Stage fodder for the rest of time than suddenly jump up lineups that far that quickly tbh. They played the same slot as Laura Mvula last year.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Even that'd be a push unless the second album was ridiculously huge. More likely to fail to back up the hype and become recurring Other Stage fodder for the rest of time tbh.

Have Foals for example had a ridiculously huge album though? Also by 2019 Wolf Alice could potentially be onto album 3. Defo wouldn't rule out them becoming subs, especially if the festival make an effort to have females in prominent slots. There was a lot of hype about them when the first album came out, I think as long as the next one is pretty good it doesn't need to be spectacular and they could take off.

I think Wolf Alice would sub Other next year if there was a festival. Imagine they'll be touring their second album next year and then would either play a similar slot in 2019 or hold off until their following album and sub or something (obviously assuming they don't stagnate).

In 2019 they'll surely be touring their second album still. No way will they be headlining Glasto.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Consistently morose nature of the Drakester's material makes him a tough sell to the uninitiated for such a mega-artist.

Po-faced, self-pitying times at the Pyramid with Champagne Papi.

Plus his real name is Aubrey, the Aubrey-named fuck.

Best review of a popular contemporary male chart act by an Edinburgh resident since Limmy's musings on Pitbull. IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Consistently morose nature of the Drakester's material makes him a tough sell to the uninitiated for such a mega-artist.

Po-faced, self-pitying times at the Pyramid with Champagne Papi.

In fairness, Radiohead are headlining this year.

Kendrick would be a fantastic booking, but I think he might release an album next year and headline Reading. I see everyone suggesting Drake, which would be fine by me but I don't know if the festival are scared of the Neil Lonsdale's of the World.

I don't really like The 1975 out of tracks like The Sound/ their ambient stuff but I'd like to see a younger band headline in the future and except for Foals I really can't see anyone else doing it.

In terms of the older acts, the time's really passed for The Stone Roses now, Depeche Mode could happen I reckon and would go down pretty well, Elton is also someone I could imagine nailing it.