Biffy Clyro

Franky

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wish I was still arsed about them as this is a massive booking and I imagine Biffy in to Foos is an absolute dream for some people (if that's what's happening which looks pretty likely). 

Aint my fucking dream lol most of my mates though ! I'm well pissed off with the lineup but after mt last few times going i am used to it now.

3 minutes ago, Ameeps said:

Hello, i'm American and have never heard of Biffy Clyro, please help me change that. Where do I start?

Anywhere.. no doubt you'll recognise a few of their songs, try Infinity Land album.

Mountains, That Golden rule, 57, Stingin' Belle, Machines, The Captain are probably a good start.  Oh and listen to Jaggy Snake.. just because it's Jaggy Snake.

20 minutes ago, Ameeps said:

Hello, i'm American and have never heard of Biffy Clyro, please help me change that. Where do I start?

The earlier albums are weird in a good way, if you don't get along with them then go to the later ones which are a lot easier to listen to. 

In my opinion Puzzle was the big turning point in their direction. It was the first album that had a large pop influence but still had some decent interesting tracks on.

So, subheadliner set?

1 Wolves of Winter
2 Living is A Problem Because Everything Dies
3 57
4 Biblical
5 Who's Got a Match 
6 That Golden Rule
7 Howl
8 Bubbles
9 Glitter and Trauma
10 Mountains
11 Animal Style
12 Black Chanderlier
13 Machines
14 Many of Horror
15 The Captain

As a big Biffy fan, I can appreciate the value of Stingin' Belle as a closer - but I just don't like it. Possibly my least favourite track.

Just now, pastorofmuppets said:

So is there any chance of them playing something, anything from Vertigo of Bliss? Preferably Liberate The Illiterate or Now The Action Is On Fire, but I'd take anything, even Diary Of Always.

Actually, Diary Of Always on the Pyramid would be amazing, now that I think about it

Probably not - it's the album they seem to shun the most, and with it being a shortened sub length set and at Glastonbury (so no need to bring the heaviness like they may do at Download) I'd say we'll get nothing from it.

The most old you will get is 57 and possibly Justboy or Glitter and Trauma. Other than that, it will all be Puzzle onwards. I've only ever seen Now the Action once, and that was at the Vertigo Barrowlands gig, they won't crack it out for Glastonbury.

I'm pretty excited. I'm a fairly solid old stuff fan, but drunk in a field with my mates who love them, it will be proper fun.

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

So is there any chance of them playing something, anything from Vertigo of Bliss? Preferably Liberate The Illiterate or Now The Action Is On Fire, but I'd take anything, even Diary Of Always.

Actually, Diary Of Always on the Pyramid would be amazing, now that I think about it

I'd say for Glastonbury almost certainly not, they usually only play one from Blackened Sky and/or one from Infinity Land.

I would literally shit my pants if they played anything from it, but unlikely so pinning my hopes on them playing maybe a few from Infinity Land

2 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I've been intrigued by Biffy for a while now but never got round to giving them a listen. Would someone be so kind as to give some suggestions on where to start? 

First 4 albums up to Puzzle. After that it becomes more radio friendly. Puzzle was the major label breakthrough. Some good tunes on the more recent albums though. 

4 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I've been intrigued by Biffy for a while now but never got round to giving them a listen. Would someone be so kind as to give some suggestions on where to start? 

Depends what you're into. Last 3 albums are more friendly on the ear than the earlier ones. They're also the ones they play live these mostly days so if you want to hear what you'll hear at Glastonbury then start with Only Revolutions onwards.