Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

On 13/03/2017 at 7:53 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

2010 was glorious and anyone who says otherwise is clearly wrong. That said my boyfriend is not a lover of the extreme heat so I'd take a 2013, 2014 or 2009 - bit of a mixed bag.

I didn't go last year and it sounds like I dodged a bullet. I also didn't go in 2007 but that sound much worse to me. My worst has been 2011, which I know is nothing in comparison. Just that Friday was proper grim.

Actually delighted you have a ticket for this year. :D

I would like to have some dry spells with a bit of light rain to keep the dust down and keep the ground a little bouncy. Who's with me?! Can't do crazy hot days like 2010, but I'm not one of these crazies who would swim in a shit ton of mud just cos it's a laugh either. I just want a middle of the road 22-24 degrees every day all day

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can see loads of mud on that picture, it's on the bottom right corner.  Presumably the top left is Wednesday before it all gets churned up?

Lol.. Yea the point of that pic is that you can see the difference in mood.. Top left Wednesday everyone happy 

Bottom right ah well its going to be a wet one let's get some soggy cornish oggy init. Lol

long range from the met office now includes June. There are increased chances of warmer and drier weather over the A-M-J period.

SUMMARY – TEMPERATURE: For April and April-May-June, above-average temperatures are more probable than below-average. Overall, the probability that the UK-average temperature for April-May-June will fall into the coldest of our five categories is 5% and the probability that it will fall into the warmest of our five categories is around 45% (the 1981-2010 probability for each of these categories is 20%)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/content/assets/mohippo/pdf/public-sector/forecast-temp-amj-v1.pdf

SUMMARY – PRECIPITATION: For April, and April-May-June as a whole, below-average precipitation is considered slightly more probable than above-average. Overall, the probability that the UK-average precipitation for April-May-June will fall into the driest of our five categories is between 15 and 20% and the probability that it will fall into the wettest of our five categories is around 20% (the 1981-2010 probability for each of these categories is 20%).

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/content/assets/mohippo/pdf/public-sector/forecast-precip-amj-v1.pdf

Just now, maclauk said:

Glastonbury has a history of doing two really wet ones in a row... 97 & 98, '05 & '07.

Hopefully not '16 & '17. 

Didn't think 17 was that much of a wet one except the whole malarkey on Tuesday/Wednesday. The weekend itself was rather pleasant.

46 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

Didn't think 17 was that much of a wet one except the whole malarkey on Tuesday/Wednesday. The weekend itself was rather pleasant.

Good point. 

Glastonbury has a history of doing two really muddy ones in a row... 97 & 98, '05 & '07.

Hopefully not '16 & '17. 

Just completed a cheeky 7km run around the site tonight. Wish I'd taken some sunglasses....tractors are kicking up dust. The tracks are dry apart from right at the top of the Park. Some of the fields down shangrila etc are a little boggy in places. Grass is looking very lush thanks to the shite being pumped onto it. 

It WIL be a dry one...keep the faith folks...keep the faith

Nooooooooooooooooo, I promised myself I wouldn't look at a weather thread this year.

/me sighs :( now I am in for the long haul.

For whats its worth, the poster dropped on the hottest day of the year so far and so that is what I am basing this years festival to be.

HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those initial Met Office forecasts are very encouraging. I know they're not accurate, and we're never going to get an indicator on a day-to-day basis just yet, but the general outlook is probably more encouraging. The one thing we want to avoid is torrents of rain before the festival, and that certainly suggests that we're in a good place to avoid that,

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Sunshine 

157050727.jpg

I wish I had kept a note over the years as to the general conditions but I did not

if say you ask people ' what was the best year weather wise ' say going back ten years - some will pick 2010 but I found it very oppressive { mainly due to a cancer controlling implant that makes me overheat very quickly } - I thought it was just me but I met some friends for a drink and they also thought it was too hot - I spent most days not leaving my crew site until the sun started going down.

yes for sure most people will prefer dry weather but I just hope its a bit cooler than 2010.

2010-wbc-03.jpg