Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

55 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

This is awesome!

It has become my favourite site.  Since it was originally posted here I've been looking at it daily and assessing it's accuracy, which has been reliable.  Currently still showing a big ass high pressure building just before the festival which, if the weather gods are smiling, will move slowly eastwards across the country pushing everything away form the UK for the duration we care about.

1 hour ago, mr jolly said:

Already there's a huge difference between this year and last years in that the site wont be already knackered before we get there

Erm, pretty sure this time last year we were all revelling in the fact the ground was dry and the forecasts were only showing a few showers here and there for the following weeks. And then....

4 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Erm, pretty sure this time last year we were all revelling in the fact the ground was dry and the forecasts were only showing a few showers here and there for the following weeks. And then....

This time last year reservoirs and the water table were toppers, this year they're not; big difference. 

Its going to be a good one.

1 minute ago, oneeye said:

This time last year reservoirs and the water table were toppers, this year they're not; big difference. 

Its going to be a good one.

I'm pretty sure the Sahara desert couldn't have taken the pounding the 'showers' gave it last year. Still all to play for....

1 minute ago, Eks101 said:

I'm pretty sure the Sahara desert couldn't have taken the pounding the 'showers' gave it last year. Still all to play for....

Indeed; this time next week is when accurate forecasting starts to play a part, until then there are too many variables and too many (mis) interpretations.

Personally I believe it will be a mostly dry, warm festival with just the chance of a shower on Sunday (no one cares by then). We'll see.......

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Forecasts gone all rainy. Lovely next week and then plopsies for the festival week. Seems were missing the settled high pressure by a week. 

Unlucky everyone. We're fucked. 

And right on cue....:lol:

1 hour ago, mr jolly said:

Already there's a huge difference between this year and last years in that the site wont be already knackered before we get there

This is a very important point. Speaking as a geography teacher, antecedent rainfall is a major cause of flooding. If there isn't any, the water will soak straight in and any m*d will be merely fleeting. 

37 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

IMG_2893.PNG

19 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

For anybody getting a bit cocky, you might want to read a few pages from the same thread on the same day last year:

I agree doesn't make great reading but looking at the forecast we had for the week following this, this time last year it was tragic. This year is looking relatively promising.... that being said I'm shitting it still that we might get a breakdown in weather the end of next week!!! Hope I'm wrong