Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

43 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Could there be something in this? Only runs to 2011, some of the wettest years (according to the graphic) were '71, '82, '92, '98, '05, '07 and '11 - don't know enough about the last five years to suggest a pattern. Personally I think we're due a warm, dry one.

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 15.32.11.png

That makes horrible reading.... there has never ever been a completely dry 5 days at glasto??? nooooo! 

Lets hope this year is a first time for everything! no rain whatsoever!! haha I wish! We dont want constant sunshine though... that will be just as hard as a lot of rain. All wearing factor 100 24/7

Edited by Havors

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

That makes horrible reading.... there has never ever been a completely dry 5 days at glasto??? nooooo! 

It didn't rain during 2010. I can't be entirely sure, but the graph just says months/years the festival has been on so includes any rain that fell at the beginning of June.

Rainfall at the beginning of July would be more informative than rainfall at the beginning of June.

Edited by Untz

Just now, Untz said:

It didn't rain during 2010. I can't be entirely sure, but the graph just says months/years the festival has been on so includes any rain that fell at the beginning of June.

Rainfall at the beginning of July would be more informative than rain at the beginning of June.

Was just about to say this. I don't think it rained a drop in 2010.

32 minutes ago, Untz said:

Rainfall at the beginning of July would be more informative than rainfall at the beginning of June.

Yes good point! There is hope!!! haha 

To be fair it rained in 2008 and 2009, but only enough to remind us not to take the dry weather for granted and to keep the dust down. Both were really pleasant festivals weather wise for me.

Maybe I have already blocked out the mud but I didn't find 2016 toooooo bad, I got my tent up on some grass and we still had grass by the end of the weekend, although it was very boggy underfoot. A little hard to get around site but not the muddiest or worst weather I have had at a festival (looking at you, Southside 2011 *shudder*). Southside 2011 I could barely see the Foo Fighters through the constant rain, so I am hoping to be able to watch them this year. :)

On 4/19/2017 at 11:53 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Just heard on Radio 4 that it's been the driest October - March period since 1997. Relax! That year the weather was ace!

Oh god.

I do remember in 2007 too it was really warm in April and May, and then proceeded to piss it down for the entire summer. I didn't have to endure the Glasto washout that year, but I did go to Global and it was all sorts of grim. And as for Glade...that year my friends went back to their car and found it to be full of water :-/

It's ok...there's definitely no pattern, remember? :)

• Upvote 1

Have just checked my own list of weather conditions ( sad yes I know) and since 1995 which was sunny all weekend the years of complete horrible  mudfests were:

1997; 1998, Fri/Sat 2005 ( year of flood but also very hot! ) 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016. 

Not sure about 2004 or 2008 as missed those years:)