Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Franky said:

Am I late to the party here but Metcheck doesn't seem too bad ? 

Metcheck has gone from ridiculously hot to flooding and now very very average in the space of 24 hours......

Come back tommorow for your next ridiculous update.

On 2017-6-10 at 8:56 AM, squirrelarmy said:

In the last 3 days Metcheck has gone from predicting Sahara like conditions to arctic and now monsoon. It changes more often than I change my pants. Take all forecasts longer than 10 days with a huge pinch of salt. 

They do that every year to generate hits- one year they put on 100mph winds and 42 degree heat or something daft

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

J10 back on about his mysterious 'neutral weather'

'Neutral weather' is what they call it when a high pressure sits pretty much over central/northern England.

This tends to give the south easterly winds but with a chance of showers or low pressure pushing up from the south west.

Another way to describe it would be typical British summer weather.

At the moment the w/c 19th June shows a high sitting pretty much as described above - but obviously it is far to early to be sure.

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Did I miss another "I dunno" forecast from Jackone?

It's not the 'dunno' thing that gets my goat. 

It's the 'dunno' dressed up in pseudo-meteorological 'scientific' mumbo jumbo, but delivered with an almost evangelical certainty. With graphs.  

2 minutes ago, rubenz said:

This is the worst time imo. When the Tuesday has revealed itself on bbc weather and it looks good but you have no idea what horrors could be lurking further into the week!

Whatever the Tuesday shows now it will be different tomorrow and different pretty much every day up to the Sunday before.

40 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's not the 'dunno' thing that gets my goat. 

It's the 'dunno' dressed up in pseudo-meteorological 'scientific' mumbo jumbo, but delivered with an almost evangelical certainty. With graphs.  

All jokes aside I hear hes very busy at the moment so its probably fair to cut him some slack.

Most recent sighting of him typing the forecast over webcam. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Whatever the Tuesday shows now it will be different tomorrow and different pretty much every day up to the Sunday before.

Unless it is bad, in which case it will probably become worse (seems to be the scientific trend over the years) 

I find it much more entertaiing to imagine it's one of Underworld's stream of consciousness lyrics by Karl Hyde.

"12Hz fine 6Hz torrential 1200 millibars dogger bank, T plus 384, ridge of high pressure shouting ensemble ensemble ensemble"

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I find it much more entertaiing to imagine it's one of Underworld's stream of consciousness lyrics by Karl Hyde.

"12Hz fine 6Hz torrential 1200 millibars dogger bank, T plus 384, ridge of high pressure shouting ensemble ensemble ensemble"

"Shouting LIDAR, LIDAR, LIDAR...!"

• Upvote 3