Jump to content
Nobody Interesting

Weather 2017

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Anyone remember 1987?

Yep......Erm :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been to wet years, I've been to dry years. One thing has been a truism throughout all my Glastonbury weather experiences, and that's that the Monday when we all leave is always absolutely sweltering. Every single bloody year! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling JackOne.... come in Jack10, over.... or anyone who answers to the name of Jack...? I just adore those scientific statistical analysis forecasts he/they does/do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I've been to wet years, I've been to dry years. One thing has been a truism throughout all my Glastonbury weather experiences, and that's that the Monday when we all leave is always absolutely sweltering. Every single bloody year! 

2007 wasn't. It was the worst day of the weekend and that's saying something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't the Eavii do what the Chinese did for the Beijing Olympics and send up weather dust balloon things to make the clouds pregnant and then piss it down before they reach the festival? If we assume that there;s wind moving west to east and they time it right - that's right Bridgewater - you're about to get heavily dumped on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a weather thingy? @Gnomicide there must be a pattern!!! 

Edited by morph100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be a pattern, whenever my mate went, the weather was great but by payoff, the line-up was never the best. But he buggered that up last year. Still not a fabulous line-up so the omens were looking good, then it turned to shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Is there a weather thingy? @Gnomicide there must be a pattern!!! 

Yea the pattern goes like this. 

Early June hot hot hot

Middle June hot hot 

End of June hot....... R.. R. R.... 

Start of July R.. Hot hot 

Middle July hot hot hot 

End of July who cares..... 

October 8th ish it all starts again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm worried about all this talk of patterns and omens in the weather thread. 

Surely that kind of jiggerypokery should be reserved for the NFR NFC thread?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

2007 wasn't. It was the worst day of the weekend and that's saying something.

Yep.

2 hours stood in the queue for the Castle Cary shuttle while it pissed down capped off a thoroughly shit set of weather. The coach station that day was an absolute disaster zone, think it was the first year of the See Tickets coaches and I'm pretty sure that quite a few of them didn't turn up on the Monday - presumably the companies the services were contracted to saw the footage on TV and decided that not getting paid was a better option than letting the mud caked masses wreck their vehicles.

Honestly, I think some people on here have let time dull their memories of 2007. In terms of weather & ground conditions, aside from the respective Wednesdays 2016 was far better. One of the key differences for me is that in 2016, only the main parts of the site got really badly churned up - once you were on higher ground, the paths were still solid and the camping fields had some grass left. In 2007, just about everywhere was ankle deep mud, there was no avoiding it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In recent years my mates have started referring to me as the weather checker, not necessarily affectionately either. 

I'll check the long range forecasts when they are still shots in the dark and panic from there on in about what the weather will be like. 

From the standards on this forum I don't think I've been to a truly wet one but definitely some rainy ones. Once I'm there it hasn't really mattered what the weather was like too much.

Still, I know it's getting close to starting the process again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will not be returning to this thread until I have achieved the almighty during the resale. 

And if I don't get a ticket, I'll forcefully ban myself from peering in here anyway as I fear my wishes may differ from the consensus at that time and it might bring bad juju 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I'm worried about all this talk of patterns and omens in the weather thread. 

Surely that kind of jiggerypokery should be reserved for the NFR NFC thread?? 

I think that the NFR NFC thread is for positive thoughts only. So I can't mention the dreaded 7s on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Weather Thread. 

Statistics and attributing bad weather to certain people's attendance on the first page. We're starting off strong.

I am concerned about the year ending in 7 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im not reading this thread again til the Nal has given his thoughts.

Seems The Nal has gone AWOL.

So in his honour I shall proclaim that we are fucked. It will be a mud bath.

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, incident said:

Yep.

2 hours stood in the queue for the Castle Cary shuttle while it pissed down capped off a thoroughly shit set of weather. The coach station that day was an absolute disaster zone, think it was the first year of the See Tickets coaches and I'm pretty sure that quite a few of them didn't turn up on the Monday - presumably the companies the services were contracted to saw the footage on TV and decided that not getting paid was a better option than letting the mud caked masses wreck their vehicles.

Honestly, I think some people on here have let time dull their memories of 2007. In terms of weather & ground conditions, aside from the respective Wednesdays 2016 was far better. One of the key differences for me is that in 2016, only the main parts of the site got really badly churned up - once you were on higher ground, the paths were still solid and the camping fields had some grass left. In 2007, just about everywhere was ankle deep mud, there was no avoiding it.

I'm thinking this too, they have blocked out the horror of it all, this year was fine compared to 07. 
Charm x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Anybody know what that pesky El-Nino thingy is up to this year?

Early signs that it could return later on in the year, seemingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yep, I'd love to experience a 2010. I know a lot of people moan about it, but I'd like to personally experience so I could make my own mind up. After last year I've got a sort of zen like calm about this years weather, but that's on the basis that I'm working on the logic that it couldn't be that bad again... could it?

2010 was glorious and anyone who says otherwise is clearly wrong. That said my boyfriend is not a lover of the extreme heat so I'd take a 2013, 2014 or 2009 - bit of a mixed bag.

I didn't go last year and it sounds like I dodged a bullet. I also didn't go in 2007 but that sound much worse to me. My worst has been 2011, which I know is nothing in comparison. Just that Friday was proper grim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Anybody know what that pesky El-Nino thingy is up to this year?

Could maybe be opening other stage on Friday. Not quite sure yet 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Ive got to admit i have never cried so much with laughter as we did last year in the mud! Even now it makes me smile! 

you need to seek medical help if the mud made you smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, across97 said:

Could maybe be opening other stage on Friday. Not quite sure yet 

El Nino has the same number of hit records as some of the acts being touted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×