Nobody Interesting

Weather 2017

Next weekend.  We'd be a week away today from entering the gates

I'm a little surprised it hasn't got it's own thread but the weather for 2018 would have been looking pretty perfect at the moment....

😢

31 minutes ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

😂😂!

Hypothetically speaking what weekend would Glastonbury be on this year? 

Next weekend.

The weather thread would be on fire by this point & @The Nal would be telling us all we're f*cked.

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Next weekend.

The weather thread would be on fire by this point & @The Nal would be telling us all we're f*cked.

I never ever anticipated a touch of personal nostalgia for @The Nal's doom-mongering....

i need to get a grip....

The true hero of the Weather Thread 2017 was the person who recommended cornflour as an anti-chafing agent.

Whether or not anyone tried it is still a mystery.

Don't worry, Nal's just using the break to build up a proper head of steam for next year's prophecy...

main-qimg-4e6a66b7e45419facab8617db2a98055-c.jpg

Edited by Quark
spelling...

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The true hero of the Weather Thread 2017 was the person who recommended cornflour as an anti-chafing agent.

Whether or not anyone tried it is still a mystery.

Holy shitballs I'd completely missed that.  Had to go back and re-read the thread to make sure you weren't just pullin' my lariat. Outstandingly left field lunacy that actually sounds like it might be true.

You'd definitely want something that dries rather than moisturises, though.  Johnson's Baby Powder would be the usual non-floury choice.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Holy shitballs I'd completely missed that.  Had to go back and re-read the thread to make sure you weren't just pullin' my lariat. Outstandingly left field lunacy that actually sounds like it might be true.

There were studies linking use of talc with cancer (it used to be contaminated with asbestos). Talc free powders contain cornstarch (zea mays), ie cornflour.  When I was researching products for reducing odour from, ahem, intimate regions after strenuous badminton  matches, I discovered 'Fairy Dust' and 'Dingo Dust'. Obviously  women can only buy fairy-related products, or they'll just faint away!  

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yup....looking at the moment like it would have been a blinder..... 😢

Keep sanguine, team.  We've previously been sat here 10 days out,  only to watch a bluebird long range forecast go all to bollocks.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I can neither confirm or deny that Sudocrem does the job nicely.

Sudocrem is great for stopping the old chaffing Vaseline is good unless someone puts sand in it lol 

Who put sand in my Vaseline.....i said to her lol 

On 6/17/2018 at 11:35 AM, crazyfool1 said:

looking great for my trip to the farm next weekend :)

Sure is....drizzled for a lot of the night here in Frome and ground was damp this morning but will dry quickly.

I'd guess that in a real year the overnight rain coupled with heavy delivery/trader traffic on site may have churned the ground a bit....but not to any significant degree...and assuming no more rain before Weds we'd be looking at a near perfect pitch up.

How depressing..... 😒

Shame. Wouldve been the best weather in the history of the festival. 

Next year will likely be a mudbath. And thats even if youre lucky enough to get tickets.

With another global recession forecast and with Brexit steadily approaching, the 2019 festival will be a downer anyway. 

And lets not forget that as a sample of the population, its statistically probable that a good few people reading this will be brown bread by next June.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Shame. Wouldve been the best weather in the history of the festival. 

Next year will likely be a mudbath. And thats even if youre lucky enough to get tickets.

With another global recession forecast and with Brexit steadily approaching, the 2019 festival will be a downer anyway. 

And lets not forget that as a sample of the population, its statistically probable that a good few people reading this will be brown bread by next June.

wondered where you were going before I made it to 'bread'...

Perfect weather this week/weekend. 

Nice and warm but not too sunny and a fair bit of cloud cover so hopefully doesn't get too cold at night. 

I would have been easier if it was a wash out !