Nobody Interesting

Weather 2017

Sorry but someone had to start the thread as the next announcement thread has been taken over by weather talk.

Last years started on 14th March so here we go for this years.

One thing is certain, there will be conflicting weather forecasts all the way up to (and probably including) the festival.

A bumpy ride starts here :)

• Upvote 3

It's pretty simple, i reckon. If I fail to get tickets in the resale, you're on for 5 days of summer, beautiful dry weather. However, should i score a golden ticket in April, pack yer fucking wellies.

Am i ready to take a hit for the team? Am i bollocks.

• Upvote 7

I just can't imagine watching Radiohead in the dry though. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I just can't imagine watching Radiohead in the dry though. :ph34r:

You'll either be High and Dry or it'll rain down from a great height......

• Upvote 3

I've been to 7 festivals in 10 years (5 Glastos, 1 Reading and 1 Bestival). It's rained every time. 

I'm going to Glasto this year. Soz. 

Is this actually happening? Weather. 2017.

I'm moaning and yet I will be glued to this thread.

I have only been to Glastonbury twice, 2007 and 2016, I'm going again this year, sorry in advance for the weather I'm obviously causing.

32 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Is this actually happening? Weather. 2017.

I'm moaning and yet I will be glued to this thread.

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg

2016 was my first and not being young the mud killed me by end of 5 days . But it also made me laugh a lot at the way some people somehow managed to stay up ....just . Over by the park it was like glue and  coming away from pyramid up towards leftfield 

Years ending in a 7 have not been blessed in the past.

Ah the weather thread, shit just got real.

I've banged on about it enough in the other thread but last year was actually ok during but shit beforehand, I'd snap your hand off for 2015 or 2016 during, minus 2016 beforehand.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sorry but someone had to start the thread as the next announcement thread has been taken over by weather talk.

Last years started on 14th March so here we go for this years.

One thing is certain, there will be conflicting weather forecasts all the way up to (and probably including) the festival.

A bumpy ride starts here :)

Good call

Shame this only goes up to 2011:https://www.statslife.org.uk/environment-nature/1545-glastonbury-and-mud-a-deserved-reputation

I'd say it definitely shows a weird cyclical nature to the rainfall, peaking and troughing every few years, hopefully that means we're in for a good one.

IMG_2369.JPG

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

I'd potentially lose a finger to guarantee a glorious Glastonbury weather wise. I feel like I've missed all the really vintage weather years. I might be the common denominator in all the bad weather years in fact.

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

I'd potentially lose a finger to guarantee a glorious Glastonbury weather wise. I feel like I've missed all the really vintage weather years. I might be the common denominator in all the bad weather years in fact.

Yep, I'd love to experience a 2010. I know a lot of people moan about it, but I'd like to personally experience so I could make my own mind up. After last year I've got a sort of zen like calm about this years weather, but that's on the basis that I'm working on the logic that it couldn't be that bad again... could it?