Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

The 06z shows a weak cold front passing through between around 3am and 9am Thursday, at its heaviest around 6am:

N1L0Dg8.png

The accumulated precipitation chart shows that it could amount to about 2mm of rain in total. It's not very much at all but I think we should be cautious before brushing it off as having no impact. It will be falling during the night when temperatures will be cool (around 13C) so it will evaporate a lot slower compared to daytime rainfall. The precipitation is showing as a fair bit heavier just a little further north around South Wales and the South Midlands - up to 10mm. I believe on the Thursday (?) evening in 2013 the rain amounted to about 10mm and caused quite a bit of mud. More rain fell than was forecast that evening.

Not trying to dampen the mood, but I think caution is prudent!!

Edited by liquuid_fusion

3 minutes ago, liquuid_fusion said:

The 06z shows a weak cold front passing through between around 3am and 9am Thursday, at its heaviest around 6am:

N1L0Dg8.png

The accumulated precipitation chart shows that it could amount to about 2mm of rain in total. It's not very much at all but I think we should be cautious before brushing it off as having no impact. It will be falling during the night when temperatures will be cool (around 13C) so it will evaporate a lot slower compared to daytime rainfall. The precipitation is showing as a fair bit heavier just a little further north around South Wales and the South Midlands - up to 10mm. I believe on the Thursday (?) evening in 2013 the rain amounted to about 10mm and caused quite a bit of mud. More rain fell than was forecast that evening.

A curse be upon you and your brethren!

48 minutes ago, mjsell said:

First drink will always be consumed once the tent has been erected in the right and proper fashion. Its not a festival if you don't.

Always do this, although will be doing it on my own this year as my mate arrives on Thursday.

8 minutes ago, liquuid_fusion said:

N1L0Dg8.png

OK everyone stay in their tent for at least an hour after the rain stops on Thursday morning.

I love the fact people are talking like we`re all fucked and theres gonna be a fucking monsoon just because we`re not predicted ot get a couple of light showers.....fecks sake you know what? in the heat thats also predicted itll be damn welcome! itll be refreshing!

And no im not taking my sodding wellys! have you seen the photos of the ground? it WOULD need a monsoon now to turn that dry dusty arid landscape into anything even coming close to the mud of last year, the rainfall predicted even at worst case prediction wouldnt make a dent. Anyone in wellys in this heat is going to be one uncomfy human being, mmmm 30 degress and thick rubber boots....thatll go well for your legs....lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Very funny! The warning doesn't cover the SW at the moment.

thats called photoshop isnt it? piccy of the sw superimposed onto a map and titles/labels changed...shame they forgot to remove the city labels...last time I checked newcastle, liverpool etc werent in the sw :P

someones got far to much time on their hands.

Edited by waterfalls212434

Full GFS 6Z roundup. In short, some rain on Thursday morning but Sunday has improved. Monday looking WET.

Tues, 28-30, no rain
Weds, 28-30, no rain
Thurs, 21-23, GFS now has rain showers 3am to midday, so more than the BBC but clearing at a good time. Temps great for drying any dampness
Friday, 20-22 (slightly warmer from 18-22), no rain for Glasto though light showers through Wales in the second half of the day (same as last run)
Saturday, 19-20, still showing light rain from 9am that could stick around until 6pm (same as last run)
Sunday, 21-23 (slightly warmer), now back to being completely dry, nice improvement. But the rain coming in from the early hours of Monday looks interesting!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

thats called photoshop isnt it? piccy of the sw superimposed onto a map....shame they forgot to remove the city labels...last time I checked newcastle, liverpool etc werent in the sw :P

That's called very bad photoshop 

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

6Z GFS

Saturday, 19-20, still showing light rain from 9am that could stick around until 6pm (same as last run).

NB: Rain amounts are very small.

Probably even lighter and more scattered than the last run if anything - slight improvement

11 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I love the fact people are talking like we`re all fucked and theres gonna be a fucking monsoon just because we`re not predicted ot get a couple of light showers.....fecks sake you know what? in the heat thats also predicted itll be damn welcome! itll be refreshing!

And no im not taking my sodding wellys! have you seen the photos of the ground? it WOULD need a monsoon now to turn that dry dusty arid landscape into anything even coming close to the mud of last year, the rainfall predicted even at worst case prediction wouldnt make a dent. Anyone in wellys in this heat is going to be one uncomfy human being, mmmm 30 degress and thick rubber boots....thatll go well for your legs....lol 

It's gonna be super hot tomorrow but the rest of the festival is looking like typical English June temps (like 18-22C). I certainly won't be welcoming any rain. I won't be wearing my wellies tomorrow - but i'll definitely be putting them in the car.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

So on the face of the one really good days weather (Wednesday) we'll be stuck in marathon security queues...to be followed by, at best, below average temperatures, little sun and potentially some rain - only at Glasto!

Or...

One day of difficult weather - Wednesday - with very high temperatures.

Then four days of cloud cover and occasional sunny spells, cool temps but not cold, and the chance of an occasional, brief, light shower.

If it stays this way, for me this is near perfect festival weather.

• Upvote 1