Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Saturday, 20-21 (same), now showing showers around at 9am which could stick around all day until the early evening, this is a definite downgrade.

To be fair, the ground will be so dry that a light shower or two won't make a difference.

They can still do one though 

In full:

Tues, 28-30, now less chance of rain (warmer, rain less threatening)
Weds, 28-30, no rain (warmer)
Thurs, 21-23, no rain (possibly slighter warmer than last run)
Friday, 20-22, no rain (same as last run) but still the possibility of light showers which are currently hitting north of the area second half of the day
Saturday, 20-21 (same), now showing showers around at 9am which could stick around all day until the early evening, this is a definite downgrade.
Sunday, 22-23 (same), very light rain around lunchtime but chance that there could be very light rain until early evening, pretty similar to last run

21 minutes ago, briddj said:

In full:

Friday, 20-22, no rain (same as last run) but still the possibility of light showers which are currently hitting north of the area second half of the day
Sunday, 22-23 (same), very light rain around lunchtime but chance that there could be very light rain until early evening, pretty similar to last run

It does indeed mean `very light though` we`re talkiing the lightest blue colour representing barely a piddle in terms of mm of rain. Itll probably feel refreshing like a mist shower.

21 minutes ago, briddj said:

In full:

That makes it sound like it could rain (lightly) all weekend. When did this happen?

43 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

we`re talking around 0.15-0.5mm mate, thats barely rain more like a bit of drizzle youll barely notice

Yeah I know, but I've seen forecasts turn at the last minute and when you've been going for 13 years you remember that the years that it showers all weekend (2007, 2016) are actually worse than the ones with quick and heavy rain (2005). I doubt it'll happen, but forecasts like that give me the willies.

6 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Yeah I know, but I've seen forecasts turn at the last minute and when you've been going for 13 years you remember that the years that it showers all weekend (2007, 2016) are actually worse than the ones with quick and heavy rain (2005). I doubt it'll happen, but forecasts like that give me the willies.

forecasts like what? mate as stated its predicting a tiny tiny tiny amount of drizzle......you talk as if its suddenly changed to a monsoon! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

forecasts like what? mate as stated its predicting a tiny tiny tiny amount of drizzle......you talk as if its suddenly changed to a monsoon! 

briddj didn't mention anything about how many mm it was (you may be referring to a forecast I haven't seen).

He said "showers around at 9am which could stick around all day until the early evening, this is a definite downgrade." That's what I was referring to.

I probably got scared by the little downgrade - puts the fear in me at this stage!

Here's the 00Z update. Pretty much the same as the last one, but cooler again a tad.

Tues, 28-30, now no rain (improvement, temp same)
Weds, 28-30, no rain (same)
Thurs, 22-23, now a bit of rain has appared for the early hours but the day is dry (possibly slighter warmer than last run)
Friday, 18-22 (bigger temperature spread), no rain (same as last run) and still the possibility of light showers which are currently hitting north of the area second half of the day
Saturday, 19-20 (slightly cooler), showers around at 9am which could stick around until early evening (same as last run)
Sunday, 20-22 (slightly cooler), very light rain around lunchtime could last until early evening (same as last run) or it might not rain at all.