Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

7 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Im actually looking forward to a couple of light showers as predicted over the weekend, itll be refreshing, like going through one of those `mist showers` they have at certain tourist attractions to cool people down when its really hot. I dont think ill even bother with a pack a mac because itll be kind of nice to get wet and itll dry damn quick anyway in this heat

Pack it. Just pack it.

You don't - you curse us all

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Whoa hang on there....you don't have to wear it but you will be taking it won't you?

I want to take as little as possible, if that means hedging my bets then so be it. esp if their going to be turfing out everybodys bags as it sounds like they are before people can get in. 

Im going to check the forecasts tuesday eve, if its still as it is today then walking boots will be about as much protection as ill be taking.

Edited by waterfalls212434

14 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Im actually looking forward to a couple of light showers as predicted over the weekend, itll be refreshing, like going through one of those `mist showers` they have at certain tourist attractions to cool people down when its really hot. I dont think ill even bother with a pack a mac because itll be kind of nice to get wet and itll dry damn quick anyway in this heat

Its not going to be this hot at the weekend though!

And how much space does a pack a mac or a poncho really take up!?

worst comes to worst ill buy a poncho on site, no problems. I really am trying to pack light this year, I go by public transport and last year overdid it a bit, cant be arsed with that much weight this year, so packing only the clothes I think ill need, as far as booze goes just a couple of bottles of pre made up flavoured spirits rather then a whole backpack full of cans (that killed me last year, this time my mates picking me up a crate or 2 to put in his car instead and ill pick it up from there when all camped out), no wellys, just my walking boots and a pair of light trainers.

simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Los Kingfisher said:

Rain on the Saturday morning just means that I can watch the rugby in my tent and not feel like I'm missing something else somewhere.  Quite a bonus really.

Yeah me too ha! Wish they were putting in on a big screen somewhere tho 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I want to take as little as possible, if that means hedging my bets then so be it. esp if their going to be turfing out everybodys bags as it sounds like they are before people can get in. 

Im going to check the forecasts tuesday eve, if its still as it is today then walking boots will be about as much protection as ill be taking.

If the searches are anything like those for Stone Roses at Wembley, they won't be doing anything different to normal in reality. Hence the sea of pyrotechnics!

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Combat / utility numbers.  Not massively stylish, but the big side pockets are handy for convenient storage.

This, one pair of these which I wear all week, fashionably held to the correct waist size with safety pins as the string snapped some time ago.  With each passing summer the little frayed holes around the pockets get larger and the arse gets thinner.  They are like a metaphor for my life.

6 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Met Office has updated:

- Rain removed from Friday

- Thicker cloud added to Thurs and Sat

- Thundery shower added to Tuesday pm (50% chance)

Glasto Weatherwatch approves of these changes.

So met office is currently forecast on no rain for the whole festival??

If there is a torrential downpour on Tuesday afternoon will the sunshine the follows be enough to prevent any water logging and mud forming the next day?

IMG_0135.PNG

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mine are all swim shorts. Easy to dry. they have a lining. Fashion is not a priority. Comfort is

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Surely the net inner lining is uncomfortable for walking around all day in?! 

They used to have an underpant lining, but it perished.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, daconor91 said:

So met office is currently forecast on no rain for the whole festival??

If there is a torrential downpour on Tuesday afternoon will the sunshine the follows be enough to prevent any water logging and mud forming the next day?

IMG_0135.PNG

Yes and yes.

STICK!

5 minutes ago, daconor91 said:

It would have to be absolute biblical proportions to cause any sort of grief. I'm actually hoping for a storm Tuesday morning now.

Edited by mjsell

43 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Fair enough. I learnt how to pack light when i started taking the coach a few years back.

Rather than pre-mixed spirits i would recommend just taking neat spirit and buying mixer there to save space.

when I say pre mixed I meant flavoured sorry, had the booze soaking in jugs of fruit till it acquires their taste, I now have watermelon and strawberry flavoured vodka and cherry and banana flavoured whisky, poured it into plastic bottles for the fest. its straight spirits just flavoured up some.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

They used to have an underpant lining, but it perished.

The boys are back in the barracks?

edit: 16 minutes too late! That'll teach me not to scroll ahead. 

Edited by bsolxiv