Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Clothes wise - I'm packing.

5 pairs of shorts

5 t-shirts

10 pairs of socks.

1 pair of walking boots. To be left in the car, will go back if it looks like rain.

1 hoody

2 pairs of sunglasses, but always come back with another pair

1 hat, but will buy one at the festival

I'll walk into the site in a pair of trainers, shorts, socks, and a t-shirt

That's my lot

Do you really wear a different pair of shorts every day and 2 different pairs of socks a day? That'd see me through 5 Glastonburys I reckon!

7 minutes ago, Girlwiththemostcake said:

I'd be more than happy with this. I'm not worried about a little bit of rain but the BBC has temperatures as being 17 degrees from Friday which is a tad too cool for my liking.

Looking like it's not going to be hot. Wind is coming from the North or West and needs to be from the South Esat to be really hot.

I'm happy. Cool and dry is perfect

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Clothes wise - I'm packing.

5 pairs of shorts

5 t-shirts

10 pairs of socks.

1 pair of walking boots. To be left in the car, will go back if it looks like rain.

1 hoody

2 pairs of sunglasses, but always come back with another pair

1 hat, but will buy one at the festival

I'll walk into the site in a pair of trainers, shorts, socks, and a t-shirt

That's my lot

Sorry Fuzzy, but I'm intrigued... what possible previous mishaps can have happened in your shorts that makes you believe 5 pairs are required? 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, briddj said:

The latest GFS update in summary. Bit cooler on the Saturday but again staying fairly consistent except for a further downgrade of rain on the Sunday to completely dry again.

Tues, 28-29, some rain but will dry out exceptionally fast at these temps even if more than showing
Weds, 26-28, now appears to have a small amount of afternoon rain to the north but nothing hitting the site.
Thurs, 21-22, no rain
Friday, 20-23, no rain
Saturday, 18, some light rain showers 12pm to 6pm
Sunday, 20-21, no rain

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Monday before, not after.  Look at all the grass!

I remember the weather was pretty good on Monday last year. A lot of mud had dried by then which felt like I was being mocked by the weather gods as I was leaving 

Edited by daconor91

Just now, mjsell said:

What kinds of shorts do people take? I've realised i have a real lack of shorts atm and need to go and buy a pair today. I normally just cut up some old trousers.

I never wear shorts, just thinning trousers. My lower legs are never too hot, but the problems arise above knee height. Really, for hot days they should invent reverse-shorts, that are simply calf protectors attached to some sort of thong

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

What kinds of shorts do people take? I've realised i have a real lack of shorts atm and need to go and buy a pair today. I normally just cut up some old trousers.

Combat / utility numbers.  Not massively stylish, but the big side pockets are handy for convenient storage.

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

I never wear shorts, just thinning trousers. My lower legs are never too hot, but the problems arise above knee height. Really, for hot days they should invent reverse-shorts, that are simply calf protectors attached to some sort of thong

Normal shorts will still help with that.  They're more helpful for cooling the above knee area than for your calves which - as you note - are pretty impervious.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

773.jpg

26 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Do you really wear a different pair of shorts every day and 2 different pairs of socks a day? That'd see me through 5 Glastonburys I reckon!

The two pairs of socks are for if it rains.

Shorts are in case of "accidents"... a mate shit himself one festival in an intoxicated state.

Oh, and yes - no underwear! Sod that.

Mine are all swim shorts. Easy to dry. they have a lining. Fashion is not a priority. Comfort is

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

12 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Combat types with big side pockets. Negates the need to carry a bag. Water/wine in the side pockets, phone in left top pocket, wallet in right top pocket. 

paratroop_desert1.jpg

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

I second this. Don't tend to take many clothes but lots of pairs of socks are essential, always feels great to change them and freshen your feet up a bit.

Ive got some socks I wear for work with extra padding on the heel and the toes (wearing safety shoes is murder on regular socks got fed up of holes and having to throw them away week after week lol) just got a bundle of new ones as figure theyll be great for glastonbury as well with all the walking