Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't take trainers, but  barring the Friday night I got away with trail shoes for all of 2015.

I demand maximum indie kid with skinny jeans, faded OK Computer tee and battered converse. No compromise.

No fucking rain jackets, no fucking wellies. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

That's what they said in 2015, and I pitched up 4pm Friday in the middle of the pissing rain. ;)

That's where you're going wrong- usually the weather is at it's nicest on the Wednesday and Thursday (usually starting to breakdown on the Thursday)

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Chill out man you're going to Glastonbury in a couple of days! 

yes I am, thats why I just want to get an accurate take on the weather? I travel by coach, packing light is a nesscitry, dont want to take wet weather gear if not needed its ok if you travel by car and can pack a shedload of stuff full knowing you can just leave it in the car if you dont need it, harder when you only really want to pack what your going to need

Edited by waterfalls212434

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's where you're going wrong- usually the weather is at it's nicest on the Wednesday and Thursday (usually starting to breakdown on the Thursday)

Tell me about it - since having children I have to come Friday am now. 2014, 2015, 2016 - have arrived through rain every time.

Believing Met Office, every chance this year will be no different.

2015 was the heartbreaker - left roasting London with an inbox full of pictures from mates onsite of lush green grass, arrived in pissing rain with everyone running back to their tents to switch into wellies.

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

yes I am, thats why I just want to get an accurate take on the weather? I travel by coach, packing light is a nesscitry, dont want to take wet weather gear if not needed its ok if you travel by car and can pack a shedload of stuff full knowing you can just leave it in the car if you dont need it, harder when you only really want to pack what your going to need

We're flying.  A pac-a-mac and sturdy footwear is all you need, noty a pair of waders.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We're flying.  A pac-a-mac and sturdy footwear is all you need, noty a pair of waders.

thats what im hoping but thats why I was getting frustrated, everytime it looks certain itll be a hot one with small amounts of rain not worth worrying about.....along comes some model or some forecast saying theyll be a fair bit of rain lol

Think im just burnt out on the buiildup, not a patient person by any means, just wish it was wenesday already haha

can I

2 minutes ago, MJP said:

Me right now in the office:

giphy.gif

Can I just say as someone whos spent the last 3 days in a baking hot factory doing 12 hour days in 35`c.....I bet your office at least has desk fans so quit your bitching haha......love this time of the week esp on social media...all the rat racers moaning about the heat in their offices after posting photos of bbqs, beaches and sun kissed living all weekend while ive been sweating my bollocks off on my shift working next to giant ovens all weekend....NOW IS MY TIME BITCHES! MUHAHAHAHA......no im not bitter at all ;P

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

thats what im hoping but thats why I was getting frustrated, everytime it looks certain itll be a hot one with small amounts of rain not worth worrying about.....along comes some model or some forecast saying theyll be a fair bit of rain lol

Even if the forecast was scorchio then you should still be taking good footwear and some sort of jacket.  And if a washout is on the cards you should still pack sunscreen and shades.

13 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

An accurate take on the weather?

You won't find that here :)

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

can I

Can I just say as someone whos spent the last 3 days in a baking hot factory doing 12 hour days in 35`c.....I bet your office at least has desk fans so quit your bitching haha......love this time of the week esp on social media...all the rat racers moaning about the heat in their offices after posting photos of bbqs, beaches and sun kissed living all weekend while ive been sweating my bollocks off on my shift working next to giant ovens all weekend....NOW IS MY TIME BITCHES! MUHAHAHAHA......no im not bitter at all ;P

I have blinds, I have a desk fan, I have free lunch courtesy of Samsung. :P

16 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Tell me about it - since having children I have to come Friday am now. 2014, 2015, 2016 - have arrived through rain every time.

Believing Met Office, every chance this year will be no different.

2015 was the heartbreaker - left roasting London with an inbox full of pictures from mates onsite of lush green grass, arrived in pissing rain with everyone running back to their tents to switch into wellies.

Oh man, those kids have a lot to answer for! Maybe consider boarding school for Glastonbury 2019

Edited by Mr.Tease

15 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Just take out all your clothes and pack a crystal ball instead then