Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

So what are we thinking guys and gals? Safe to leave wellies at home and stick with walking boots? From even the worst case scenario forecasts I can't see it getting to the point where boots wouldn't cut it but I'm panicking slightly as am packing tonight! 

I wore boots last year and it was fine! I think you're safe

I've stopped caring at this point just g e t  m e   t h e r e.

That said I'm checking this thread and discussing with others non stop, but I think that's just trying to kill time. At least with Christmas I can drink my way up to it, gotta be relatively sensible in the run up to glasto! Well... Starting tomorrow.

This is turning out to be perfect.

little bit of rain on Tuesday night to soften the ground for those tent pegs

Scorchio Wednesday & Thursday where we all go and sit up Park hill

Cools down a little on Friday / Saturday when we're all out and about watching the bands

And finally chance of some rain on Sunday to cool us all down  

What a time to be alive  

• Upvote 1

Let's just all take a second to acknowledge that even if the worst case scenario forecast happens, there is no possible way that there will be mud anywhere close to the scale of what we had last year, if at all.

Most forecasts are still showing a predominantly dry festival.

3 hours ago, Aragorn said:

The GFS operational run was an outlier and did not have much support from other members of the run. Id say you can discard it as very unlikely to verify

see this is what I mean though? why should I discard it? what makes it less reliable then other forecasts? if it is that unreliable why post it, why lie to people? fucking done in by this thread man.

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Who doesn't love a good thunderstorm :ph34r:

the bands when they are forced to shut down? the people watching said bands? remember 2015? or was it 2014 this happened? cant remember just remember being up the park stage and everything grinding to a halt it being an absolute monsoon for about 20 mins and running and sheltering with everyone else in stonebridge bar.....then it being hot and seeing a rainbow behind us all.

`edit` yes it was 2014,

Edited by waterfalls212434

29 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

see this is what I mean though? why should I discard it? what makes it less reliable then other forecasts? if it is that unreliable why post it, why lie to people? fucking done in by this thread man.

Because outliers in an ensemble suite are less likely to happen because they have less support. This is numerical forecasting. Looking at each run and trying to make a forecast is pretty pointless

17 minutes ago, Pink_Tequila said:

Because outliers in an ensemble suite are less likely to happen because they have less support. This is numerical forecasting. Looking at each run and trying to make a forecast is pretty pointless

then whats the point in even putting it out there? what are these sites doing? why would a weather site post something thats inaccurate and that they are fully aware is inaccurate?

3 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

then whats the point in even putting it out there? what are these sites doing? why would a weather site post something thats inaccurate and that they are fully aware is inaccurate?

It's not a forecast.  It's a computer model publishing a scenario, not a person interpreting the data.  They're just publishing the raw output from the software, not an analysis of it.

Starting to look fairly consistent on the 00Z run to what we've been seeing.

Bit cooler on Thursday on this run. Note that amount of rain showing for Sat and Sun really would be insignifcant.

Tues, 27-29, possibly some rain but will dry out exceptionally fast at these temps even if more than showing
Weds, 28, no rain
Thurs, 21, no rain
Friday, 20-22, no rain
Saturday, 20, some very light rain around
Sunday, 20-21, light rain during the day but no late heavy rain as previous

Just now, uscore said:

Sorry. you are right. Somehow my phone has 2 Piltons in my stored locations. 

It's still pretty close, mind.

It may be due to the rough weather clipping Cornwall and North Devon, but largely being diverted north across the Bristol Channel towards Wales and the Midlands by the high pressure over Spain and France.