Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

3 minutes ago, mandolin said:

I am - I really wouldn't joke about this stuff having seen on of my friends being blistered to f**k in cloudy weather.  What I've said above is what was recommended to her at the time (for future use - obviously waaaaaay too late to save her that time.)

Right ok noted cheers! I may just get the factor 50 though for added caution, is it actually going to be a heatwave though? Or are we getting ahead of ourselves? 

14 minutes ago, oneeye said:

plenty, and I mean plenty of water in between alcohol; stay hydrated.

its still relatively cool overnight so unless you plan to sleep in your tent during the day it will be all good. 

Those long drops will be full by Friday.

Just now, theDandy said:

Right ok noted cheers! I may just get the factor 50 though for added caution, is it actually going to be a heatwave though? Or are we getting ahead of ourselves? 

Of course we're getting ahead of ourselves - that's kinda what we do!  But I see no reason to risk ruining your festival for the sake of the price of a bottle of factor whatever-your-skin-needs.  

3 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Even if it's cloudy you can still burn so factor 50 won't harm you, but getting caught out in the sun could. Better to be safe than sorry! 

11 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Unless it's a space blanket foil looking tarp, don't bother.

I did this in 2010 and I nearly fucking cooked the kids, after wandering off at dawn to get breakfast. 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/tarp-fresh-camping-shelter-id_8300081.html?utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=Retargeting

I spent 90 minutes max sitting in a beer garden this afternoon with sun block on and I've woken up after a power nap looking like the Red Skull. I'm going to need an adult at all times next week.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Yours posts are sounding increasingly desperate, dude, and I feel for ya.

It's gonna be ok, Fuzzy. Don't worry. Shh-shhh-shhhh. 

My argument about the rain is.... deal with it. 

The argument I have to myself in the sun is... deal with it.

I just know Ill see a lot less acts than I would do if it wasn't that hot

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My argument about the rain is.... deal with it. 

The argument I have to myself in the sun is... deal with it.

I just know Ill see a lot less acts than I would do if it wasn't that hot

It's not gonna be that hot. We're just at one extreme of the pendulum swing right now.

Mild, cloudy, the odd morning drizzle and a bit of sun (to be wary of). 

'S'gonna be perf.