Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Rain is fine, a bit here a bit there, no problem. We're all on edge from last year and the slightest hint of rain scares the shit out of us. Last year was fucked before it started, we didn't have too much rain throughout but looking through my pictures I seemed to be layered to fuck in every one. So it was muddy damp and not even warm. If it's high 20s the odd bit of rain will be a welcome blessing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I'll be honest, while the priority is to be dry and be able to wear trainers and sit down, I would take 99/03 weather (sun, clouds, warm, one or two very light showers) over 2010 (sunburn hell, people fighting for shade etc). 

Not out of the woods yet but I like the look of the forecast Fri-Sun. 

Agreed. The iPhone weather app is forecasting thunder/lightning on the Thursday, but apart from that it looks like the perfect forecast at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

No don't take a brolly, I might be stood behind you 

I don't mean for watching bands I mean for walking about or queuing to get in, also if you are stood behind me the brolly is the least of your worries this real ale is giving me stinky wind....

• Upvote 3

At this point last year:

- Site was in a right mess obviously 

- BBC symbol forecast and Norway predicting a completely dry week

- BBC tv forecasts were warning about major Sunday night rain which wasn't really predicted on GFS

Learnings:

- Pay more attention to the actual verbal forecasts than symbols. So when Met Office has a white cloud but says in the copy thundery outbreaks, some heavy, spreading northwards, that means we're still at risk

- Norwegians are often wrong

1 hour ago, Laurenkfj said:

I'm just going to say it - that's too hot on the wed for queuing and trekking in!!

Look at it this way, if it's a scorcher on Wednesday it's a scorcher for everyone, security included. Human nature might kick in, searches might not be as thorough as security tire or get hot and you might actually get through quicker 

Edited by swede

13 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

My hair cut costs £4 and takes about 20 seconds. Good work if you can get it.

Six years or so ago I finally accepted that certain parts of my head were never going to grow hair (at least at the same rate as the rest) again, I went out and bought a pair of clippers for 30 quid. Four cuts in I was into profit (based on my usual haircuts costing a tenner then). I'm still using the same clippers. 

10 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

At this point last year:

- Site was in a right mess obviously 

- BBC symbol forecast and Norway predicting a completely dry week

- BBC tv forecasts were warning about major Sunday night rain which wasn't really predicted on GFS

Learnings:

- Pay more attention to the actual verbal forecasts than symbols. So when Met Office has a white cloud but says in the copy thundery outbreaks, some heavy, spreading northwards, that means we're still at risk

- Norwegians are often wrong

Not so much a Weatherwatcher as a WeatherCassandra, predicting meteorological woe and despair to all and sundry.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heh.  Yup.  I had that in my back pocket for a follow up bit of - admittedly strained / niche - "repartee".

Ah, sorry for ruining it with my "ooh I can prove I know something about ancient Greek mythology" reply. If it's any consolation, I'd have laughed at the niche repartee...