Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Seeing as you have this information already I can only assume that you are from the future. 

Can you please tell us the weather for next weekend?

I'm afraid my time abilities are limited to fence knowledge and reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.

I have it under good authority though that the big secret Emily mentioned a while ago is that they've booked sunshine to be performing throughout all 5 days.

• Upvote 1

At this stage it looks like for the weds and thurs of the festival (at least) we'll be wondering around freely and able to sit on the lush worthy farm grass.

If there's one thing which was missing for me last year it was the ability to just plonk down and watch the world go by on those first couple of days.

It's always a great sight seeing everyone around the various bars sat with their groups of friends chilling & have a great time.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

At this stage it looks like for the weds and thurs of the festival (at least) we'll be wondering around freely and able to sit on the lush worthy farm grass.

If there's one thing which was missing for me last year it was the ability to just plonk down and watch the world go by on those first couple of days.

It's always a great sight seeing everyone around the various bars sat with their groups of friends chilling & have a great time.

Spot on. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Amen to that. Last year was my first Glastonbury and I remember arriving at the Park with my friends, and then telling me how that area was all grass the year before. Looking out at all the wet mud I simply couldn't fathom it.

I love chilling on the grass at other festivals so it makes me happy that we should get at least two days of that.

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

you hit the nail on the head, I love even just sitting up on park hill with a can or 2 and taking it all in as the festival builds up, its like the calm before the chaos of fri-sun rushing around to catch bands....its utter bliss, missed that most of all last year.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm afraid my time abilities are limited to fence knowledge and reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.

I have it under good authority though that the big secret Emily mentioned a while ago is that they've booked sunshine to be performing throughout all 5 days.

45 minute set each day?

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I am really hoping this will be the case. It was my first glasto last year, and it was fantastic fun, but I really wanted that time to fully explore and have a proper bimble and chill on grass with a cider too. Plus I spent very little time in SE corner last year due to being in South Park and absolutely exhausted by the end of each day in the mud. Need to change that this year :)

I suppose in some ways its good, I had my first glasto last year, and my second first glasto this year discovering all the oddities and interesting things!

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

We all know what will happen, it will be sun kissed bliss right up until Tuesday, then the apocalypse will occur through to the weekend then sun kissed bliss on the Monday. That's what I'm mentally preparing for so anything other than the above is a bonus.

Nal?

Is that you?

1 minute ago, Stu H said:

My one requirement this year......  I. Just. Want. To. Be. Able. To. Sit. Down.

:)

Preferably on some grass.

Amen to that.

Sunday last year we found a few inches free in the Acoustic tent and the sheer bliss that was sitting down was immense.

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

We all know what will happen, it will be sun kissed bliss right up until Tuesday, then the apocalypse will occur through to the weekend then sun kissed bliss on the Monday. That's what I'm mentally preparing for so anything other than the above is a bonus.

this is my sods law view too as BBC showing this:

pilton 14-6-17.PNG

I am getting very little work done as this thread is open on my computer and every time it bleeps I have to look - god knows why it's not like it's going to change anything!  As I sit here at my PC in Glastonbury (town) looking out at a baking hot day, I am focusing every bit of hope I've got on the fact that after last year, surely we all deserve a break.  All this weather obsessing when it's out of our hands also probably means I need to get a life...

I like to be optimistic where possible and I'm thinking it could be just perfect. The weather sites seem agreed that the heat wave will break down on Wednesday, it's just a case of how badly.

A few degrees cooler with the ground lovely and dry for getting about and sitting down? Could be amazing!

55 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Completely this.  

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

Shhhh, Accuweather heard you!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/june-weather/710458