Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

12 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

Use this as you will. I will try to update over the next week.
Table.PNG.1b3dcb3018fa1947d8d0b7fcc832c8cd.PNG

Nice work! Do you think you could present this in some visual format that's a bit easier to follow? I'm a moron, so coloured lines on a graph would be ideal.

I seem to remember last year somebody did a line chart with various different forecasts and average forecast rainfall for each day. Anybody who's good with data fancy doing something similar? You'll be rewarded in the next life!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Every time I look at Accuweather the rain gets worse...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/june-weather/710458

That's still not too bad "periods of rain" and "occasional rain" - apart from Sunday but I'm usually so tired out/ delusional/ pissed that if I had to pick one rainy day I'd take Sunday.

Positive vibes people ;)

2 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

That's still not too bad "periods of rain" and "occasional rain" - apart from Sunday but I'm usually so tired out/ delusional/ pissed that if I had to pick one rainy day I'd take Sunday.

Positive vibes people ;)

Any rain is bad! Rain = mud.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Every time I look at Accuweather the rain gets worse...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/june-weather/710458

everytime I look at accuweather its got something utterly different, which goes to show you cant trust accuweather. I think they may actually be forecasting using a roulette wheel at this point.

much prefer something like this http://www.gavsweathervids.com/glastonbury-festival-weather-2017.php

which doesnt seem to bad!

It always annoyed me that the opposite of an anti-cyclone is a depression and not a cyclone. It get's my OCD twitching.

Meteorology can be a bit weird though. Terms like 'extreme normal' being used for La Nina (basically opposite from El Nino if anyone way wondering). 

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I can't remember when we realised things weren't going to be great last year.

I can't find the 2010 weather thread.  I'd like to see what we were saying a week before.

I know that in 2010 the Countryfile forecast (Sunday before the festival starts) was predicting perfect weather. And by the time we arrived we left wellies in the car we were that confident it wasn't going to turn. Never done that on any other occasion

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

If you close your eyes he sounds like what I'd imagine The Zodiac Killer sounded like. 

"This is Gav speaking"

It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the weather prediction update video again.

• Upvote 1

BBC is the only weather source I really trust, even if they are wrong occasionally. They are predicting sunshine on the 19th and 20th, and sunny intervals on weds 21st, which would be perfect if it doesn't change. 

I see no reason not to be positive about the weather!

Just now, daconor91 said:

BBC is the only weather source I really trust, even if they are wrong occasionally. They are predicting sunshine on the 19th and 20th, and sunny intervals on weds 21st, which would be perfect if it doesn't change. 

I see no reason not to be positive about the weather!

I'm positive about one thing, a predominantly dry run up to the festival, this is great news! 

Based on the current predictions of very warm weather leading up to the festival followed by rain. It seems we may in for a biblical level of storm on the Wednesday evening similar to what was seen the other week. It should pass quickly but will soak everything in its path. 

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

everytime I look at accuweather its got something utterly different, which goes to show you cant trust accuweather. I think they may actually be forecasting using a roulette wheel at this point.

much prefer something like this http://www.gavsweathervids.com/glastonbury-festival-weather-2017.php

which doesnt seem to bad!

It will though as gfs updates every 6 hours. Accuwesther. Met check all use same model to base forecast on. 

The 06z was good. I'd bank it. Ensembles show very very little rain. Tiny bit Friday but none after that or before that