Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

20 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

accuweather has for the week before the festival 0.33 inches of rain(over 2 days) then utterly dry during the fest until a bit of rain (0.06in) on sunday........id go for that!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/daily-weather-forecast/710458?day=21

wensday-considerable cloudiness, no rain predidcted
thursday-rather cloudy no rain
friday-increasing cloudiness no rain
saturday-cloudy no rain
sunday partly sunny with a shower-tiny bit of rain

spot on. Dry and not to hot!

That'll do pig. That'll do.

2 minutes ago, Keva said:

20 miles from Pilton. Been pishing down last night and today.. hopefully it's just a blip.

Ah, that'll be the Wiltshire climate, completely different to the Somerset micro climate ;)

6 hours ago, oneeye said:

Ah, that'll be the Wiltshire climate, completely different to the Somerset micro climate ;)

I live in Somerset (about 15 miles away)and was 8 miles from site today... over the last few days we have suffered from storms, rain and flash floods. Today was a tad soggy..BUT grassland is not hugely saturated so fingers crossed. It's very humid and temperature hasn't broken much since the heatwave last week. FPs this is year 2 with not a sniff of a ticket :-( , hoping that if the secret resale doesn't happen for me that you still all have a sunny, lush time! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Just want it to be dry with ground you can sit on and get around easily on too. 

I got a tiny picnic blanket from Poundland a couple of years ago- folds up and is waterproof one side.. it was a life saver and has travelled to Glastonbury plus overseas when a muddy arse is a distinct possibility! 

Ranulph fiennes has said that there is no such thing as bad weather only poor clothing choices! Xx

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Padgey said:

Accuweather currently predicting a cloudy festival with no rain (yes I know it's a total guess this far out), many would stick but I'll twist on that, want a couple of glorious days.

I like a cloudy festival. Usually means I come home with only slightly bad sunburn and am able to get into the bath without screaming in pain... :D

11 hours ago, Ch3176 said:

I got a tiny picnic blanket from Poundland a couple of years ago- folds up and is waterproof one side.. it was a life saver and has travelled to Glastonbury plus overseas when a muddy arse is a distinct possibility! 

Ranulph fiennes has said that there is no such thing as bad weather only poor clothing choices! Xx

On Sunday Mr Miesh put mine over branches to create a rain shelter. Yesterday it dried on the line and is now folded up ready for Glastonbury.  £1 very well spent.

This year it will save me not from mud but from sticky spilt cider patches on the grass :sungum:

7 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Let the rollercoaster commence!

a mixed bag to start with, but still early days. I like to think we are getting all of the unsettled weather out of the way now, paving the way for a dry Glastonbury.

More than happy for that to be the case. I can tell I'm starting to enter that time of the year where I actually start getting nervous about this kind of stuff haha. 

Met office long range talking of changeable conditions - but they state how uncertain this is. There modelling predicts a higher change of warmer and wetter than average conditions for June as a whole. 

It's too far away to tell what the weather will be like at Glastonbury, but certainly the next 10 days or so look increasingly wet. This is quite normal for this time of year though, so no need to panic! The European monsoon is a well documented period of cooler unsettled weather often occurring in early June.

Edited by Thunderstruck

2 minutes ago, harriet said:

Sorry if this has already been posted

i believe jackone is not doing a blog this yeah but there is another chap that does one, does anyone have the link, thanks 

There's a link about 10 messages back :D

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I hope that's not your weather prediction suggesting that 'we'll all float', young Nalster...

Let's leave that in 2005 now, shall we...?

Ben

Its CCTV footage of Jackone taken yesterday. 

Back in the real world, no rain tomorrow and then rain every day as far ahead as the Norwegians can forecast. Brings us to 11 days before the festival. 

Very very bad news for everyone.

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html