Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

I always used to rely on met office satellite imagery for predictions, but this site:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=50.7;1.2;4&l=rain-1h&t=20170526/14

has proven to be very accurate in the time I've been watching it.  The pattern this shows disagrees with metcheck's assessment.  Sunshine, lots of it, some cloud and very, very little rain likely (as there is none coming across the atlantic and the high to the southwest is pushing everything northeast before it reaches us).  Obviously it's not possible to predict more than a couple of weeks in advance, but the picture here looks promising.

This is my new favourite site, unfortunately it come with withering looks from my coworkers

The weather forecast for Radio 1's big weekend in my hometown changed 3 times over the course of today ! That's this weekend !!

Enjoy your fun watching the forecasts this far out but it really means nothing 

Edited by swede
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2010, but 2013 only had a little light drizzle first thing Wednesday and a shower on Thursday evening, with blazing sunshine the rest of the time and 2015 only had a couple of quite heavy showers Friday afternoon.  I'd take weather like any of those years in a heartbeat.

YR showing a break in this weather over the next week or so with rain on and off - low pressure on the way.

Looks like a repeat of 2007 at the moment. Lovely mid/late May and then a spell of low pressure from early June starting a mere fortnight before the festival.

Rain forecast nearly every day in the fortnight lead up to the festival. And over the festival itself. 

Not good folks. Not good at all. Time to start panicking. 

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

YR showing a break in this weather over the next week or so with rain on and off - low pressure on the way.

Looks like a repeat of 2007 at the moment. Lovely mid/late May and then a spell of low pressure from early June starting a mere fortnight before the festival.

Rain forecast nearly every day in the fortnight lead up to the festival. And over the festival itself. 

Not good folks. Not good at all. Time to start panicking. 

Metchecks long range forecasts are awful. Usually say temperatures are always going to be mid teens. It's almost as if their algorithm says be bland, say a bit of sun, bit of rain and bit of wind and no-one will notice when it is widely inaccurate

I'm off to Shindig this weekend and all week the forecast has been glorious....until late yesterday when it showeda thunderstorm rolling in early on Saturday. 

I am happy to take this one for the team if it helps to ensure all you lucky people with tickets get wall to wall sunshine.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Spindles said:

I always used to rely on met office satellite imagery for predictions, but this site:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=50.7;1.2;4&l=rain-1h&t=20170526/14

has proven to be very accurate in the time I've been watching it.  The pattern this shows disagrees with metcheck's assessment.  Sunshine, lots of it, some cloud and very, very little rain likely (as there is none coming across the atlantic and the high to the southwest is pushing everything northeast before it reaches us).  Obviously it's not possible to predict more than a couple of weeks in advance, but the picture here looks promising.

Jeez - THAT is the best most nerdy easily understandable to a fool like me weather site I've ever seen! Magic stuff, Im going to be glued to that for the next few weeks...

22 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

Jeez - THAT is the best most nerdy easily understandable to a fool like me weather site I've ever seen! Magic stuff, Im going to be glued to that for the next few weeks...

Ive been trying to find a way for this to be my desktop background but i've not yet managed to do it

8 hours ago, rumpola said:

I'm off to Shindig this weekend and all week the forecast has been glorious....until late yesterday when it showeda thunderstorm rolling in early on Saturday. 

I am happy to take this one for the team if it helps to ensure all you lucky people with tickets get wall to wall sunshine.

i've already packed shorts and sunscreen for shindig, i'm not un packing :P

Heres the forecast from this day last year :lol:

Met Office updated long range:

UK Outlook for Wednesday 8 Jun 2016 to Wednesday 22 Jun 2016:

Currently it looks likely that generally settled conditions will continue through the first half of June. Thus we can expect a good deal of dry and bright weather for most, particularly in the northwest, but with a few wetter intervals mixed in, these potentially thundery. The temperature will most likely be a bit warmer than the June average on the whole, especially in the west and south. Then as we head towards the latter part of June there are currently no strong signals for any weather out of the ordinary, although there remains a small chance of more unsettled conditions becoming established.

So...from the guidance they have from their model runs it looks like the generally settled conditions may continue. There's obviously a small group of runs showing something more unsettled, and no indication of anything extreme (very unsettled, or very hot).

June 2017 : Cool, Showery But Improving

Issued : May 25 2017

Forecast

The European monsoon is expected to affect the British Isles this June with some cooler, wet and windy weather for the start of the month.

A further period of unsettled weather is expected around mid month with the final wave towards the end. Inter-dispersed within these periods we expect the Azores high to continue to build and bring drier weather across Southern parts of the UK.

Some heavy, slow moving thunderstorms could affect parts of the South at the start of the month as sluggish weather patterns continue to affect Western Europe. However, a more mobile weather pattern should develop throughout June affecting all parts of the UK initially, but later in the month affecting mostly Northwestern areas.

The above is from the Metcheck, I haven't seen any other reports suggesting the above though.

Overall not concerned about the weather, no matter what it will always be the the best week ever and we will all have a blast!

Edited by joeltg