Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Looking at the next 30 days weather (less than 30 days now woop woop) it does seem that dust and sunstroke are going to be this years weather hazard. According to Metcheck the only day with any significant rainfall for the next month is going to be Bank Holiday Monday which must always have rain as it is weather law.

Sticky-McStickface

UK Outlook for Monday 5 Jun 2017 to Monday 19 Jun 2017:

Confidence in the forecast remains low into early June, but on balance the first full week of June looks set to remain unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain, interspersed with some drier and brighter weather. By the middle of June, more settled weather may begin to dominate bringing drier and brighter weather. Temperatures are likely to be close to normal during the start of this period, but as more settled weather arrives it is likely that it will turn warmer and may become very warm in places.

9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

In the short term, this early summer warmth forecast this week was a bit of a surprise. Non of the models really had this before the weekend. 

Wait, but that means that the current projections of a dry, warm festival could be wrong too?  Ok, I'm going to pretend I didn't ready your post @Thunderstruck:)

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

UK Outlook for Monday 5 Jun 2017 to Monday 19 Jun 2017:

Confidence in the forecast remains low into early June, but on balance the first full week of June looks set to remain unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain, interspersed with some drier and brighter weather. By the middle of June, more settled weather may begin to dominate bringing drier and brighter weather. Temperatures are likely to be close to normal during the start of this period, but as more settled weather arrives it is likely that it will turn warmer and may become very warm in places.

and the BBC says:

Monday 5 June—Sunday 18 June
Turning a little warmer and drier again?

As we move into he middle part of June, there is still a relatively large degree of uncertainty in the forecast detail, even for a longer range forecast. However, the latest available information does suggest that the jet stream will begin to realign to allow pressure to build in the vicinity of the UK again. Such a scenario would permit a good deal of dry weather, and temperatures at around average or just above for the time of year.

Unlikely things that would make my June:

- The National not to clash with ANYTHING on West Holts Super Saturday

- Blistering hot & dry Pilton weather from around Monday 19th June to midnight Sunday 25th June

- Tories out on their arses

- To not turn 30

• Upvote 3

On 5/2/2017 at 9:19 AM, Gnomicide said:

The last weekend in May was glorious last year. Bearded Theory was wall to wall sunshine.

I think I'd sacrifice that and swap the weather for the two festivals this year.

Sorry folks, it's going to be wall to wall sunshine at Bearded this weekend. Prepare for the worst.

It's just got real -https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/87677-glastonbury-2017-21-25-june/#comment-3578954

J10 (Jack One) is starting his forecasts soon! (Don't think this has already been posted, apologies if it has, but it's made my excitement levels rocket - When Jack is forecasting, you know we're nearly there)!!

Edited by Greenelk